cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM carrier name in iPhoneX lock screen

earthonmars
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently joined PM from Fido, noticed a better ping and sometimes faster website load at some indoor locations (with 3G plan).

I also noticed that the carrier name is kinda cut out in the lock screen.

Is there anyway to avoid this? 

IMG_1748.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Good1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Time for an Android. 😉 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Meeko wrote:

What does it matter of you can't see the full name? It has no impact on your connection or usage. You can see the full name The same way you see battery percentage. (Drag down from upper right corner)

@Meeko it's pretty obviously more a matter of asthetics.  Form over function has always been the mantra for the iPhone crowd, afterall.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Meeko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What does it matter of you can't see the full name? It has no impact on your connection or usage. You can see the full name The same way you see battery percentage. (Drag down from upper right corner)

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lol , notched screens still creating issues

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @earthonmars apparently update 11.2 stopped the scroll effect for some users with long carrier names. You are not the only one this has happened to.

Are you on the latest update? (11.4 I think) 

See: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/iOS/iPhone-X-home-screen-issue/td-p/2581804

and:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/x-long-carrier-name-on-lock-screen.2083782/

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@earthonmars wrote:

Is there anyway to avoid this? 

@earthonmars there absolutely is......          ....get an Android phone!  🙂

Sorry, people have been complaining about this for ages on various models of iPhone.  There's no cure that I'm aware of other than not using an iPhone (which, I would imagine, is not the type of suggestion you're looking for--so it's made mostly in jest [mostly!])

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does it scroll? I've heard of occurrences with iPhone X where long carrier names scroll on the lock screen, not just Public Mobile. 

GC 

Need Help? Let's chat.