cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHONE NUMBER TRANSFER ERROR

bronbron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Community, 

After switching phone carriers from Public Mobile to Videotron, Videotron keeps telling me that public mobile blocks the phone number transfer of the phone number that I want to keep. However, I have received myself, from public mobile, a text message confirming the transfer (4800).  What is causing the block? Can you guys fix it?

Plus, just to be complete, all carriers involved (Telus, Videotron, Public Mobile) have authorized the transfer. 

9 REPLIES 9

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And your account need to be active.

Active.PNG

@bronbron wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@bronbron wrote:

To make sure and to be complete, all carriers involved (Telus, Videotron, Public Mobile) have authorized the transfer. 

@bronbron  A simple test to verify that PM released the number is to try to login to your selfserve account. If you can't it means that the transfer was done and your account was terminated. If you can, then your need to make sure you provided the other party the correct info.

@geopublic 

Hey 

Thanks for your reply, I'll definitively keep this in mind. However, my problem is that I know that the number was not released. In fact, after a few calls with Videotron, Videotron says that Public Mobile is still blocking the transfer. Do you have a solution to make Public Mobile unblock my number? 

@bronbron The only reason PM will not release it is if your account is suspended. Videotron should be able to tell you why PM is not releasing it.

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR  a écrit :

@bronbronIf you can still log into your selfserve it should be on the top right hand corner. The number is displayed on a drop down box with the number as the only option.

@bronbron Are you sure you gave the right account number to Vidéotron?Acount number.png

bronbron

@geopublic wrote:

@bronbron wrote:

To make sure and to be complete, all carriers involved (Telus, Videotron, Public Mobile) have authorized the transfer. 

@bronbron  A simple test to verify that PM released the number is to try to login to your selfserve account. If you can't it means that the transfer was done and your account was terminated. If you can, then your need to make sure you provided the other party the correct info.

@geopublic 

Hey 

Thanks for your reply, I'll definitively keep this in mind. However, my problem is that I know that the number was not released. In fact, after a few calls with Videotron, Videotron says that Public Mobile is still blocking the transfer. Do you have a solution to make Public Mobile unblock my number? 

@bronbronIf you can still log into your selfserve it should be on the top right hand corner. The number is displayed on a drop down box with the number as the only option.

bronbron

@Psygineer wrote:

@bronbron wrote:

Hi Community, 

After switching phone carriers from Public Mobile to Videotron, Videotron keeps telling me that public mobile blocks the phone number transfer of the phone number that I want to keep. However, I have received myself, from public mobile, a text message confirming the transfer (4800).  What is causing the block? Can you guys fix it?

Plus, just to be complete, all carriers involved (Telus, Videotron, Public Mobile) have authorized the transfer. 

Edit: Read it backwards, you are switching out from PM!

Well then! Is your PM account still active? It has to be active to port out. If it is active, are you sure you used your PM account number and not something like your SIM, phone number or PIN? Someone I know who ported out from PM had a different address and last name on file on PM and everything still worked because their account number matched.

@Psygineer 

Hey,

thanks for your reply 🙂 But now, how do I determine my account number? Like what is the account number and where do I find it?

@bronbron wrote:

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bronbron wrote:

Hi Community, 

Edit: Read it backwards, you are switching out from PM!

Well then! Is your PM account still active? It has to be active to port out. If it is active, are you sure you used your PM account number and not something like your SIM, phone number or PIN? Someone I know who ported out from PM had a different address and last name on file on PM and everything still worked because their account number matched.

bronbron

Need Help? Let's chat.