cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Simon Cards

Kayejadore
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I order my sim card last week but I realize I didn't get a confirmation email sent to my email last account so I can track my order. Is there any possible you can resend me the email confirmation please. Cause my wind service top up due date is this Friday and I don't see my sim card as yet in the mail.

My email address is k**********************

Please advise

24 REPLIES 24

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Kayejadore

Kindly send me your phone number by private message and I'll take care of it.

Thanks !

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Kayejadore
Chatr inform that my number couldn't be transfer because my plan is expired but yet I didn't renew my plan because I plan on switching providers.

Is there any way to get my number port without renew my plan?

Please advise

chrstyles
I know that the waiting part is annoying of course, but Public Mobile's service is very pleasing and reliable and their staff are great as resolving these issues, although their office may be closed at this time, it helps to send a private message to @Shazia_K

Kayejadore
Oh okay thanks, I will wait within the next two hours again

chrstyles
Hi,

It highly depends on the carrier (Rogers) and whether or not the appropriate information was provided such as the account number and holder name. I ported out from Rogers Wireless directly and the process took about two hours; that's just my experience though. I know one of our very helpful community staff will be here to assist you as much as possible soon.

Best of luck

Kayejadore
Hi good evening,

I would like to know how long it going to take for PM to release my number to chatr mobile? The porting pending for almost 3 to 4 hours now.

Please advise

Kayejadore
Thank you for the resolution towards my porting discrepancy. The porting was been successful and now I'm able to used my cell phone without any issues or service problems.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Kayejadore,

Thank you for sending in the info, the port has been resubmitted with the account number. Please allow 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will be notified via text message and then simply power cycle your phone. 

Please keep us posted 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Kayejadore

I do have the account number, I only need the phone number, please send it to me via private message. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Kayejadore
** Public Mobile needs live agent to speak with in matter like these cause this messaging back forward won't cut it

Kayejadore
Public mobile beads live agent to speak with cause I been on the phone with Wind Mobile for 20 minutes trying to figure out what's taking so long and porting department confirm that Public Mobile keep using the incorrect pin number to port out my number which I don't understand why when I give you guys correct information through private message. I'm getting really frustrated right about now and if this problem don't have resolution by end of day I'm going to cancelled my account.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Kayejadore

I'm sorry about this, the message did not include your WIND phone number, can you send me the number via private message?

Thanks,

Shazia

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Kayejadore,

Welcome to Public Mobile.

I'm sorry to hear that your port request has failed. 

I did receive a private message from @Luddite with the info you sent him regarding the port, I will request the port again and I will get back to you via private message. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Kayejadore
As per Wind mobile I enter a incorrect pin number on transfer to get my number port. Where can I resend the correct information needed to get my number ported ?

Please advise

Replied to your other post. Please don't post multiple times for the same issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Kayejadore Try putting your Wind SIM back into the phone. You should have service until the port completes. During this period before transfer, your PM SIM should be able to connect to the PM network and make outgoing calls.

As a backup plan, consider installing the app from fongo.com. It will allow you to make/receive free calls across Canada when your phone is connected to wifi.

If Wind does not recognize your port request until tomorrow, your port may hang up because I think you said your Wind account expires tomorrow.

When the Wind SIM stops working, reboot your phone and install the PM SIM. If neither works your port is stuck.

Let us know how you are doing in the morning.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Depends on Wind; others have reported they are very slow - days not hours. Usually your old SIM will work until the transfer is complete. However, your situation may be more complicated.

Hang in there.

Kayejadore
I end up getting my sim card and activate my sim and create my account and request to port my number from today after 5 pm. I'm still waiting for the port to be successful to start using my new sim/plan.
How much longer this porting from Wind to Public Mobile going to be ??

Please advise

Kayejadore
I received my sim and activate it today and requested to port my number at the same time when I created my account anyhow it's been 3 hours now since I put in the request to port my number and I'm still waiting.

Please advise

@Kayejadore Wind has a history of being slow with transfers (porting) so even if you get a card today you will need to renew your plan. Consider changing to their very cheapest plan.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Kayejadore
Oh ok thanks. Is there anyone with a extra sim card that's willing to give me? In the Etobicoke area ? I would really appreciate it, thanks.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Kayejadore;

I was typing up pretty much the same response but @Luddite beat me to it 🙂

You should have received 2 emails, an order confirmation a then a shipping confirmation, although shipping is via standard Canada Post so there is no delivery tracking per se. If you didn't get those, then somehow your order didn't get processed properly and you will need to re-order (if you can't find a sim from someone else as per Luddite's suggestion). You do have the option of ordering a sim with 1 day delivery for a $20 fee (yuck), but even that would be pretty tight at this point. Failing finding a local sim, think your best option is to top up Wind for another month, re-order a new PM sim and plan to catch the next cycle.

Good luck.

@Kayejadore Delete your email address; this forum is open to everyone.

It would be best to order a new SIM card. The email confirmation comes through quickly so it may have been lost.

If you are planning to transfer your Wind number you must, unfortunately, keep the account active until that is complete.

If you post your city (NOT your address though), someone nearby may have a spare sim.

Kayejadore
** Type error ** Order my sim card
Need Help? Let's chat.