Did you mean: 

Oracles

joesugarman27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do Oracles Type so fast????????

No, but seriously thanks for helping people in the community. it really helps 🙂

15 REPLIES 15

@Anonymous wrote:

No. The only seemingly obvious use of a macro with typos that I've so far been able to conclude by my own imaginings is the one who always directs people to the mods even though it's not a proper or relevant answer to the problem.

Sorry to hear about your issue.  To solve it, you will need to contact the mod. (I'm not really going to tag them with this post.)

Please be sure to include:

-phone number

-account pin

-description of issue

Blah, blah, blah  They will usually respond within 24 hours and offer to assist you, blah, blah blah.

I guesss I already beat others to it. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

No. The only seemingly obvious use of a macro with typos that I've so far been able to conclude by my own imaginings is the one who always directs people to the mods even though it's not a proper or relevant answer to the problem.

@Anonymous I think I know the individual of whom you speak.  Quite annoying.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks for the compliment!

We are just spread out in the wetcoast and eatcoast. I barely come online during early morning and others barely come online during late night. Our responses are usually quicker because as some of you mentioned, we just have more knowledge of problems and solutions gained from the past. If you all try to spend more time here and continue to grasp what goes around here, you will possibly beat us just like some of you already do 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren: Sorry. Nope. I didn't read it. You saying macros tipped me off to "oh I've seen that in one of the sub-menus and oh that's what they're for".

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

So just now I had a look and set up a little test and tested a reply and there it was in a drop down next to Quote. Cool.

@Anonymous glad you found it helpful 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

So now how does one convince some users to proof read (and edit) their canned responses that they appear to pull out... even irrelevantly. 🙂

@Anonymous is that a hint?  Do I have errors?  LOL.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous in case you missed it, anyone (not just oracles) can use the macro feature for canned responses.  I wrote up a tutorial on community macros that you may want to check out.  

Thanks @srlawren.

When I first got here I went through all the different available screens and I remembered seeing that and I thought well what would I need to automate. So I forgot about it. So just now I had a look and set up a little test and tested a reply and there it was in a drop down next to Quote. Cool.

So now how does one convince some users to proof read (and edit) their canned responses that they appear to pull out... even irrelevantly. 🙂

Not saying MY writing is going to be perfect all the time just if you're going to go to the trouble of having a canned response then how about making it right.

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

For those super-quick-off-the-draw Oracles...I could see having canned text for the all too frequent same questions but boy...to pull them out that fast and reply...

@Anonymous in case you missed it, anyone (not just oracles) can use the macro feature for canned responses.  I wrote up a tutorial on community macros that you may want to check out.  

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

What if I told you they are actually robots that can see the future and travel there. Some already predicted how the fifa world Cup will end and who will win it. 

I tried to trick them once but couldn't and I was told I would end up in an isolated island with no Netflix. I was truely frightening. 

Joking aside they are good people that turn out in the right topic in the right time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I don't know how just chatting about something can be a solution but thanks whoever gave me the solution check. I wouldn't be insulted if it got unchecked.

For those super-quick-off-the-draw Oracles...I could see having canned text for the all too frequent same questions but boy...to pull them out that fast and reply...

Thanks for all the comments this was fun to read.  Maybe we are using "voice to text" and that is how we are faster. lol  For me the knowledge earned here is from the long standing Oracles and customers and I just do A LOT of reading on here to find o ut what the issues people are  having and what has worked for them and just try to remember is the next time someone else has an issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Our Oracles here at PM are the best - they are quick to respond, extremely helpful, very thorough and have an incredible wealth of knowledge.  Thanks to all of you!

joesugarman27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know right

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@joesugarman27 Yes they're super super super fast. Oracles is ON 24/7 cannot believe it. Excellent jobs

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joesugarman27 wrote:

How do Oracles Type so fast????????

I know right! If I'm sitting here doing other things and notice a new question and think I could try to answer it..I start typing and click Post and boom they've already replied.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  Everybody is helpful regardless of the level of contribution.  

Need Help? Let's chat.