cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Opting Out Of Phone Directory (White pages, etc)

Hello,

How can we opt out of our name and phone number being listed in the phone directory (White pages)?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Opting Out Of Phone Directory (White pages, etc)

Once you have a cell phone and discontinue your landline...you won't be included in the next directory edition.

Could you clarify this a bit?  Are you saying that cell phone numbers are not included in directory listings?  I'm new to Montreal so I've never had a landline here.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but here's a link to opting out of the YellowPages.

https://optout.yp.ca/optouts/address

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mauro1 wrote:

Could you clarify this a bit?  Are you saying that cell phone numbers are not included in directory listings?  I'm new to Montreal so I've never had a landline here.

Cell phone numbers are not in the white pages

Mayor / Maire

Only landlines are listed in the directory.

Thank you

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mauro1 wrote:

A lot of things can be different in Quebec. If you are going to get a landline.....ask first if you can opt out, there used to be a charge for that. Or use VoIP.ms for landline. And there is NO directory for mobile phones. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@88cranston wrote:

@mauro1 wrote:

A lot of things can be different in Quebec. If you are going to get a landline.....ask first if you can opt out, there used to be a charge for that. Or use VoIP.ms for landline. And there is NO directory for mobile phones. 

It sure bring down the spam call to a trickle.