cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt-out of non essential text messages from Public Mobile

thychi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As the title states, does anyone know if there is an option to opt out of non-essential text messages from Public Mobile? I don't want them to send me essentially advertisements for Koodo. 

Worst comes to worst I'd be willing to opt out of all text messages from Public Mobile.

4 REPLIES 4

I have the same preference as well.  I don't need payment reminders (am on autopay), I don't need a message saying plan renewed (service wouldn't work if it didn't), and definitely don't need marketing messages and CCTS reminders (it's the same message every few months).  The only message that i would find useful would be if my plan didn't renew correctly. 

You can unsubsribe from the marketing messsages, but not any of the others.  If you don't want to receives messages from any particular number, your only choice is to block the number.  I belive that most messages from Public Mobile usually come from 611 and 5129.  But, be sure to understand that you will not receive any payment reminders and data use notifications if block texts from these numbers.

kevmac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would be nice if they'd at least send all the texts from one number. It's a real pain getting all these texts from multiple numbers. I could maybe live with them if they weren't creating new conversations every time I get one

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

To opt out of the SMS from Public Mobile text unsubscribe to 5133.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thychi, I am pretty sure you can, but cannot provide the method.  You might need to contact one of the moderators.  However, beware that if you opt out, you might also be missing important notifications about plan changes, price changes, etc.  This exact issue became quick relevent recently when there was a major plan change/price increase here at PM.

Should you wish to send a message to the moderators team and ask them about it, see the link below.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.