cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opt Out of these Koodo Offers

thychi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to another user on the community I was able to opt out of promotional text offers from Public Mobile (I still get my notifications of plan renewal etc, just no more promotions), but seriously, I understand Telus wants us Public Mobile customers to switch over to Koodo but when I signed up for Public Mobile I didn't intend to be put on an advertising list for Koodo.

Now it's not just text messages, but they're actually calling and leaving voice mails. Does anyone know how to completely opt out of these Koodo promotional offers?

3 REPLIES 3

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As will13am said if you ask to be removed from their call list they legally must remove you 

I've  unsubsribed from the Koodo text messages offers, but I've also never received any phone calls from any Koodo locations trying to get me to switch.  I'm uncertain of how common these calls are.  It's possible that they don't bother me because I'm on the NDCL,  but I suppose it's not impossible that Koodo or their stores may argue that sicne Public Mobile and Koodo are both owned by Telus, that could be interpreted as me already having a business relationship with the company.

In any event, I can't remember where or how I found it, but in the past, I have gone to some type of Telus corporate website and opted out of things such as any Telus company contacting me for marketing reasons or for them to share my information.  That MIGHT be why I don't get called, but that's just a working hypothesis.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The text messages come from corporate and unsubscribing will work for that.  The calls are coming from local Koodo franchisees looking to cash in on the migration.  There is no way to control those calls eloquently.  I would suggest answering the call and kindly asking the person calling that you are not interested and want to be excluded from ever being called.  That should work and if there is no cooperation from the dealer, note down the phone number and report them to corporate. 

Need Help? Let's chat.