cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Open letter to Public Mobile, Telus

How can you remain competitive when your problem solving is slower than molasses in January? Are you deluding yourselves into thinking that low prices ALONE will retain customers? Look at your competition;  they're thriving by offering customer service and low prices! Personally, I cut up a PM SIM because I was getting Nowhere solving a problem with porting in phone number. I'm 199% certain that I'm not the only customer came over for the low prices and subsequently, who has completely dropped a line. How competitive is that?

I have found that posting something to the Public Mobile FACEBOOK page gets a very quick response.  Try that if you need quick help if you don't get help from posting to the Community.

@stonechucker wrote:

Hello Public Mobile, and by extension Telus, the owner of Public Mobile.

I am a subscriber of your prepaid service since July of 2016.  I have been a very happy customer, and I’ve enjoyed the service provided to me via your plans, the Community, and the Moderators and other staff who interact with the subscribers of this service.

I write you today, as it has once again become rediculous the way new subscribers are having problems activating new services, existing subscribers are having failed AutoPay renewals, failed plan changes, and everyone is having difficulty figuring out how long they will need to wait for their issues to be dealt with successfully.

It is beyond belief that there is no communication on a daily basis at this point, about what is going on.  There are problems with the website interface in the Selfserve portal, the forgotten password process has been ineffective for the better part of my time with your service, and the current delays are creeping up daily.  I would not be surprised if folks are now waiting in excess of 96 hours for initial response to support requests to the Moderator_Team.

You really need to stop offering these fantastic promotions until you get your technology fixed.  This is insane.  I’m happy I’m here, but I can’t recommend my friends to come here until you get your ducks in a row.

I have had good success in having problems resolved quickly when I post the problem to the Public Mobile FACEBOOK page.  The response is very quick.

Oracle

@DianneFowlercan you say what type of help you received from facebook and when?  a while back PM moved all support to the forums to ensure everyone had the same experience (a single queue) and to avoid people from posting the same issue to various platforms.

This past week the activation postal was down at my local Walmart and I was unable to buy and activate my phone during the Flash Sale for over an hour.  I posted the Walmart location and the problem on the Facebook page and it was resolved very quickly and I was able to buy and activate my phone before the Sunday deadline for the promotion with the free sim card and free month of service had expired.

Oh well, I am new to Public Mobile so I was trying to contact them any way I could since the promotion was going to end very soon.  I did not realize there was some sort of specific order and a specific place to only ask for help.  Now I know.  Public Mobile should not be answering people on Facebook.  They should be referring them back to the Community.  

Oracle

@DianneFowler  thanks for sharing.  yes i agree they should refer any requests to the forums.  but glad you were able to get help and the service you wanted.  great to see activity in the forums.  Welcome  Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@DianneFowler I suppose that could be useful for something like a system outage.  I'm guessing they were probably already on it when they got your message via Facebook, but regardless I'm gald you were able to get in on the promotion.

That said, for future reference if you need any help with your account, there is only ONE way to get help, which is detailed here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile's response to customers experiencing issues is extremely slow.

Wow, I wish I had read this before I tried to port my number over. I didn't even come for a promotion or a referral discount, just a cheaper phone rate because I want to downsize my data plan. Didn't think it would be this hard to get started. So, in my case the promotions wouldn't really have swayed me one way or the other, the standard plan is still cheaper than the competitors I looked at that have similar network coverage and similar plans. Hopefully it all works out in the end. I suppose PM is at least transparent in terms of "less for less" so the experinece so far matches my expectations.