cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Open letter to Public Mobile, Telus- New user

@PR, It could take a while until your number port (from Fredom Mobile) is complete.  Untill it is, your Freedom SIM should still be functional, and you can receive calls to your number using that SIM.  Once it stops working, that would generally indicate that the number port is complete.  At that time, you can switch over fully to the PM SIM.

If it has been over 24 hours, and the port is not done yet, then i would contact the moderator team and ask for help.  note that there is about a 3 day backlog (currently).

If you need to...

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

PR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Open letter to Public Mobile, Telus- New user

Highly appreciate. You are such helpful! Please stay often around the community.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Open letter to Public Mobile, Telus

@CatCanyon wrote:

Good morning, fellow MOD SQUAD groupies! 

Here we all are... awaiting the latest and greatest telecom concert...

The long awaited arrival of the newest group on the concert tour... THE MODERATOR_TEAM more commonly called the MOD squad... probably mostly by me @CatCanyon

I'm signed up... I've got 12 tickets... awaiting the appearance of a performer from....

I wholeheartedly understand that issue, first hand. I too had dozens of requests to mods for support, many were being missed, ignored and not responded too. 

After trying MANY different ways to get all my issues attended to, I found the ONLY EFFECTIVE way was to ALWAYS group ALL ISSUES into ONE message and number and label the issues. Then when a reply came back, if it was broken up, I would combine them back together again in my reply (my original with their replies and my follow-up) and point out any issues that were still not addressed. Even when I sent multiple issues in one message, invariably I would get a reply to only one or two and the rest ignored. UGH. 

It took a LONG time (MANY MONTHS) and A LOT OF WORK but doing it this way I was able to work through a lot of my backlog, though I still have several issues still on the go, and some I have simply had to let go. 

If you have multiple issues, I have found this is the ONLY WAY to keep track of them all and to keep PM's feet to the fire to work through EACH AND EVERY issue. 

I have found that waiting more than a few business days for replies does NOT work... that is usually an indication that they have missed your messages, in spite of the lack of enough staff, especially during promotions.

This should NOT be... part of it is the training PM mods get, their skill level and attention to detail and follow through, a lack of proper tools to effectively manage the flow messages, etc. etc.

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97

If the moderator does not quote your message(s), you have to add your previous message and responses from previous moderator(s) in your reply.  This is the problem with the private message system.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@popping wrote:

@pm-smayer97

If the moderator does not quote your message(s), you have to add your previous message and responses from previous moderator(s) in your reply.  This is the problem with the private message system.

THere are FAR more problems with the messaging system.... but yes, one problem is that MOST moderators DO NOT quote your reply. Then there are some that break up your reply, others that combine, and yet others that just plain ignore parts of your message. 

It's all over the map... that is why I found the ONLY way to make it work for me is to always regroup everything before I send another message. Otherwise, some inevitably gets dropped/lost etc, 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for your reply. 

Since I was uncertain about the 🙄MOD_ SQUAD's🤔 process...BOT or NOT_BOT was the QUesTiOn in the world OF PM..., and with other Community MEmBErS 🤗🤗🤗non-BOT GRACIOUS and inFoRMaTiVe responses😉...each message ... estimate 5/13🤔... was composed of cut and paste "private messages" with the following info: 

1. Koodo account #

2. Koodo phone #

3. PM... now activated... account#

4. PM ...#chosen at activation..."randomly

chosen via PM "check eligibility"

5. Account holder's NAME

NOTE: ThE aBOVe meSSaGe/ helPFuL?😊? REComMeNDATiON... ONLY applies if your "service' provider is one of the TWISTED SISTERS... in this case... transporting from KOODO to PM... in the YeT to be DETERMINED DYS/fuNcTioNAl 🤔🤔 family DYNaMiCs of TeLUs🤔🤔🤔

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Update after about 1.5 months on Public Mobile

4 accounts - 4 lines

Problems are zero and all referral credits, pre paid credits etc are properly deposited into my account.

I have activated two accounts at walmart and two at home. The walmart waits were terrible they seemed to have only one person in that section. Activating online was as smooth as silk for me.

I feel for anyone who has had any issues but I am extatic to report all of my activations and the service to date has been perfect. I even changed a phone number via the self serve website and again the process was flawless for me.

Mayor / Maire

@CatCanyon

Please just stop with the mixed-case. It makes for irritating reading. I get emphasizing words, I get yelling...but the mixed case is just ridiculous.

Of course I know no one has any obligation to obey my commands.

Just trying to let you know that it's extremely irritating.

Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@CatCanyon

Please just stop with the mixed-case. It makes for irritating reading. I get emphasizing words, I get yelling...but the mixed case is just ridiculous.

Of course I know no one has any obligation to obey my commands.

Just trying to let you know that it's extremely irritating.

Sorry had a chuckle at the wording here.  Open community so something of grant my request may have been a better choice.  None of us have power here so the obey my commands made me laugh.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *