cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Open letter to Public Mobile, Telus

The actual cell service is fine on 4g, no probs there! I was happy with it. It’s the online portal that’s crud. The reason why I didn’t renew, ummmm... because I’m leaving...

Mayor / Maire

@DWood wrote:

The actual cell service is fine on 4g, no probs there! I was happy with it. It’s the online portal that’s crud. The reason why I didn’t renew, ummmm... because I’m leaving...

If you're leaving then why did you seemingly try to downgrade? Maybe I mis-read something. You mis-understood the change plan instructions. If your plan expired then changing (downgrading in your case) needs a mod. If you're current then you can change it now or at renewal.

You need to pay attention. I said I wanted to add the cheapest plan just to keep the number active while I port it to Koodo. 

Mayor / Maire

@DWood wrote:

You need to pay attention. I said I wanted to add the cheapest plan just to keep the number active while I port it to Koodo. 

Like I wondered...it seems I mis-read.

Cheers

Oracle

@DWood wrote:

Cheapest plan is $10 50 texts and talk min ($8 with AutoPay). Since your plan is now expired/suspended, you must contact the Moderator_Team with your account info to have it changed.  

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

No worries, friend. Cheers.

I know. That’s why I’m waiting around here...

I love PM, the service is great when it's working. However these are not new problems. I had two lines with PM & just this past week activated a new account. All super smooth online with creating & activating the account, but there was NO WAY the SIM would register on PM network. After 3 days the extremely hard worked (maybe overwhelmed is a better discription) finally advised a technical issue at their end. It was resolved days after my initial message by the technical people.

The PM community is fantastic, so many users offering their help & knowledgeable, I only hope to help someone near as much. The REAL PROBLEM is that only Moderators, understandably so,  can resolve account issues and get technical matters. Our phones, in many cases are literally lifelines, and as such there should be a mechanism in place to resolve those service issues in a much more timely fashion.

A few suggestions: How about a real time estimate of a reply time when you initially send your PM to a moderator. Suggestion that normal reply time is normally under 2 hours is simply a disservice. Maybe a tag line for some issues that prevent your service might help prioritize messages ie: @autopay_failed, @sim_not_registering, @activation_failed, etc. Another thing is when a moderator gets your issue resolved, the time your service was not available should be automatically added back, at least this way you feel you're getting back what you initially paid for.

Just a few thoughts, but like I said at the start PM is absolutely great when it's working!!

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I mean when Public Mobile works, it awesome.  It just works and, because I'm on the $10 limited plan with rewards and too much credit on the account, I haven't spent a penny after my activation.  However when Public Mobile doesn't, it's sometimes hard to get the help that's required.  It's not too bad for myself, however, as I supply everything required to access the account within the first message and I've been lucky to get replies within a day.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

just a quick note I had trouble signing in. The system would not take my entire email address it stopped at .c and not .com . I cleared my browsing history and it worked fine. hope this helps Ada