Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Ads

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I linked this in another topic just wanted to post here since it made me smile

Ah the old days

How many people here remember the Public Mobile advertising campaigns?

Back when they used to create Super Bowl commercials for us

Derek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tohJv077n-k

Margaret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Ulm0pm8CY

7 REPLIES 7

@popping wrote:

@MoreYummy

I have not look closely what is available on US roaming add-on since I joined PM a few months ago. When I watched it yesterday the first time, it got me to find out the details. The ad does what it supposes to do - let people to find out details.

Although the 15 cents/minute rate is no longer available, the current US roaming add-on rate is cheap when comparing with buying a T-Mobile SIM and plan for a short US trip.

Pretty sure the ad was made before Telus bought PM.  On the bill in the commercial it lists Robelus as the company if it was after Telus bought them they wouldn't have had the Telus part in there lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@stonechucker

Naw even for a week it makes no sense, despite minor cheaper

Top tiers (eg Telus) unless you have some amazing grandfather plan are $10 to $20 for the month

Mid tiers (eg Koodo) are $8 per day

So even assuming you went 2 weeks

Koodo = $8 x 14 = $112

Vs Tmobile (most US carriers carry tons of hidden fees these days, worse than Canada)

$25 for SIM

$45 minimum for plan (4GB LTE)

You are at $70 USD ($94 CAD)

Considering how close the rates are I think most would happily pay the extra $20 CAD instead of finding a store and signing up

Even on the pay per use prepay plans (TMobile offers $3 per day for talk + text only; need to purchase a data pass if want data) you would then be better off on Public

And the obvious ease of keeping existing phone number for anyone trying to call you

@kav2001c, depends on the length of your visit.  Whatever the pay per day rate at the top brands are, after 4 or 5 days, a local sim would most likely be better for 1 week or more.

These days it makes no sense to buy a US SIM anymore (which is as it should be)

Brands like Koodo do roam like home, Public prepay for features

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy

I have not look closely what is available on US roaming add-on since I joined PM a few months ago. When I watched it yesterday the first time, it got me to find out the details. The ad does what it supposes to do - let people to find out details.

Although the 15 cents/minute rate is no longer available, the current US roaming add-on rate is cheap when comparing with buying a T-Mobile SIM and plan for a short US trip.

What's nice about that AD @popping

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Nice ad. PM...

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.