cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Officially THIRD day without service.......

jhazin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is absolutely ridicullous. Account is fully topped up and paid, in fact it even states next renewal date is in November. A mod private messaged me 8 hours ago to re-confirm my information and for some reason did not follow up or fix the issue. 

My service has not been working for 3 days now. This is absurd. With funding of the account not being an issue and a mod reaching out to me, how can they have not fixed the issue already? All they had to do was re-connect my service, it shouldn't be this difficult.

20 REPLIES 20

Well, I just got my confirmation from the mods that they DO supposedly bump you down! YIKES! Wonder if some exec got a bonus for that brainchild!

See my reply to that here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Timeframe-to-hear-back-from-Moderator-Tea...

EDIT: Had to replace the link above as previous one broke!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@jp2 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 there are definitely some mods that don't know what they are doing and always reply asking for your for info even if you already provided it with your initial message. It is unfortunate but you can image how many messages they get a day from people that don't put in the proper information. You can make a difference by completing the short survey after ever mod exchange 

Yes...this is a thing! As stated in my rant from earlier today lol

Well, I have checked my replies again and .... nothing!

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Every time I have ever contacted the mods they have a thing at the bottom asking me to fill out a survey on their performance and my satisfaction. 

@jp2 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 there are definitely some mods that don't know what they are doing and always reply asking for your for info even if you already provided it with your initial message. It is unfortunate but you can image how many messages they get a day from people that don't put in the proper information. You can make a difference by completing the short survey after ever mod exchange 

Survey? What Survey? I think I have only received one with all the interactions I have had AND it was after several mods were involved. But the survey is for a specific mod...so how would you even respond to that? 

If they have a feedback mechanism for interactions, I can tell you that it does not work, or at least barely at all.

jp2

canadianrhythm

Not sure if it is something you are able to use but Outlook has a function whereby all emails related to a particular topic are "threaded" to provide an unified overview. Perhaps you guys can try that? 

First, for me it has been well over 72 hours since I received follow-up. I have 5 open inquiries, all separate issues.

My MANY experiences with the Mods so far (sad to say that I have had to have so many after only a few months as a new customer with 4 accounts), is that there is very poor follow through and follow-up... I have submitted requests with complete info only to get replies asking me to confirm information I already sent them. Then you end up who knows where in the queue waiting for a reply to your reponse to their request... Then you get cases of pushback by the mods saying that there must be a problem on my end, not theirs, when in the end it does turn out to be on their end.

So I have seen a simple issue that should have been resolved in 5 mins literally take 3 days back and forth until they finally got what I was asking, and all the info was in the original request, all because several mods (I can even name specific ones) just do not take the time to fully understand the issues before jumping to (incorrect) conclusions... and with the forum as the only means of exchange, and their lack of sensitivity to that (based on how they respond), it leaves customers in the lurch.

This is exacerbated by situations where mulitple mods get involved, as one tries to pick up where another one left off, simply because the number of days involved in the back and forth. 

This is all evidence of a very poorly managed messaging system, as has even been confirmed to me by a manager at PM.

And many mods lack proper knowledge...I keep seeing this over and over... giving out wrong information or not knowing their own system and how the plans work.

This will all eventually catch up with PM if they do not get a handle on this sooner than later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

Not really sure how an automatic reply will help. Its not as if the messages are getting lost in the web somewhere.  Private messages go into a stack of messages. From there not sure how the system handles things...

A proper ticketing system though would help. 

I would imagine a proper ticketing system would cost money to make. And this is a low budget service running on a shoe string apparently. I'm just trying to figure the lowest cost way to acknowledge receipt of a message to the mods instead of it disappearing into some unknown black hole of a queue without any recognition of receipt.

Since they appear to maybe have a slightly different view of PM's (as evidenced by not showing a read status of a sent message), maybe there's some way in there to do a simple acknowledgment of receipt. Either by PM, text or email.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Not really sure how an automatic reply will help. Its not as if the messages are getting lost in the web somewhere.  Private messages go into a stack of messages. From there not sure how the system handles things...

A proper ticketing system though would help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:
PLUS, if PM refuses to acknowledge receipt of private messages they must expect multiple messages. Robot Frustrated

Whatever happened to "every message will have a response within 24 hours" even if it's only "got your message"!! Common courtesy is disappearing. Robot Sad

But then they say that your additional messages will drop your entire request down the queue. It doesn't make sense.

Either send an automated confirmation (as you say "got your message") or keep the person in the queue where they first sent and then ignore the others. That would allow the customer to send another request for another question and remain in the queue for the first request and a new queue position for the second request.

@jhazin Totally agree; even 1 day is too long having paid for service. So I I always tell people planning to join PM that they need to be prepared 

PLUS, if PM refuses to acknowledge receipt of private messages they must expect multiple messages. Robot Frustrated

Whatever happened to "every message will have a response within 24 hours" even if it's only "got your message"!! Common courtesy is disappearing. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

Messages sent to moderatore always show up as not read as they have a different system to read messages.  Unless thinks have changed.

@Anonymous wrote:

The workaround is to click on the little mail icon next to your avatar to get into your private message area. Then click on Sent to see what you sent. Then click on the subject to open it. In there you'll see the sent date and hopefully a read date. If not, then keep watching for when it has been read by the recipient. Then you'll know, well at least it's been seen.

Again, a confirmation of receipt would be much more informative.

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I think an automatic confirmation of receipt of message would be more informative to the customer upon submitting a request via PM...

Edit: There's no read date on a PM sent to moderator team. Thanks @mimmo.

The workaround is to click on the little mail icon next to your avatar to get into your private message area. Then click on Sent to see what you sent. Then click on the subject to open it. In there you'll see the sent date and hopefully a read date. If not, then keep watching for when it has been read by the recipient. Then you'll know, well at least it's been seen.

Again, a confirmation of receipt would be much more informative.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello everyone! 

We hope you are doing well today! 

Once more, we apologize for the inconvenience generated by the long wait time however, as advised previously, sending multiple messages only delays further more the response as the new message makes you lose priority in the queue. ONE message is more than enough to get a response and it's faster than several messages

It will be very much appreciated if you could help us decrease the waiting time by sending us only one message so you don't remain several days without a response. 

You are our priority and we are trying our best to get back to you as soon as possible. 

We thank for your great understanding once more! 

Regards,

mimmo

@CS_Agent. Are you able to look into this situaton please.

jhazin

It's very frustrating and it seems like there's nothing that I can do and no one willing to help. 

I don't care about any goodwill gestures on their end, I just want my phone working again. 

dna2016

@jhazin, i agree, 3 days in these modern days is very much not reasonable, and not acceptable, especially if there was no error on your end.  Considering a MOD got back to you already and confirmed all that is necessary, you'd figure it wouldn't take much longer afterwards.  Considering this very lengthy inconvenience, I suggest you ask if they can do anything for you as an apology for the inconvenience (I'm sure they can toss in some kind of additional data or something) because I can't imagine going 3 days without service, what if there's a serious emergency!? 

Sorry to hear about your experience, hopefully it won't be much longer, but I'm sure being optimistic at this point is worth nothing.

jhazin

They do have all of the information. I also reconfirmed all of the information as of late afternoon yesterday and there still has not been an update or a re-connection of my service. This is just frustrating. 

It is absolutely ridiculous that consumer's are at fault when the payment processor or back end service goes out and it takes THREE days or possibly more to get the service rectified. 

One would think with a normal functioning active and topped up account, it would be a relatively quick process to reconnect the service. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jhazin, there have been a number of service disruptions due to software bugs introduced by a recent maintenance outage.  So moderator team response has been longer than usual.  Based on your response, it is likely that your initial private message was incomplete and required additional back and forth messages that protracted the resolution process.  That's unfortunate.  Since private messages are not real time like live chat, it is essential that the first message should contain all the details so that further messaging won't be required.  Important stuff like account identity must also be provided at that time.  Hopefully the moderator team have all the information with which to resolve your problem without further delay.  

Need Help? Let's chat.