cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining a Customer Service Record (CSR)

gkelly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi PM,

I'm trying to port my number off of PM and need to obtain a "Customer Service Record".  Is there a mod that can help me out?

Thanks,
gkelly

14 REPLIES 14

gkelly

Yep, I already asked them if they'd accept the information from the CSR in another form.  I'll update the thread if I learn more.

I'd like to avoid adding more moving parts to the port, so I'm hestitant to involve another carrier.

Twilio (/ˈtwɪl/) is a cloud communications platform as a service (PaaS) company based in San Francisco, California. Twilio allows software developers to programmatically make and receive phone calls and send and receive text messages using its web service APIs. Twilio's services are accessed over HTTP and are billed based on usage.

@mimmo wrote:

@gkelly  was browsing their site and couldt get a full understanding of what exactly twilio is/does?   its more curiosity than anything...

@gkelly& @srlawren

According to the linked page you CAN'T port Public

That customer service record is to port a landline number

https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/226194747-Canada-Porting-Beta

(note its still possible; simply port your Public phone to Bell Canada, THEN port to Twillio)

Normally to port a landline is much tougher as in addition to normal stuff (account number) you must prove name & address verification as well

@gkelly wrote:

Yep, the number's active.  Twilio requires a Customer Service Record for the port: https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/226194747-Canada-Porting-Beta

I started looking also, but was having difficulty determining it too.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gkelly  was browsing their site and couldt get a full understanding of what exactly twilio is/does?   its more curiosity than anything...

@gkelly I wouldn't give up without contacting Twilio in case there is something else that would work. Perhaps a print out of your Payment history account Profile?

It would help to know what a Customer Service Record contains.

Of course if all else fails you could port-out to a provider that has such records and then ask for the CSR.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gkelly

The moderators got back to me:

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile.

I understand you would like to know if you could obtain your Customer Service Record in order to port your number to Twilio and you definitely came to the right place to get assistance!

That being said, please note that unfortunately due to system limitations we do not provide Customer Service Records and I sincerely apologize for it.

I hope your interaction with me in regards to your Customer Service Records meets your expectations and feel free to reply to this message if you have any other questions.

That's unfortunate.

gkelly

They do support porting in Canadian mobile numbers. The process is identical to the listed instructions.  I messaged the moderator team, so here's to hoping that they can provide the CSR.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@gkelly The link you provided for Twilio says porting is for "The Canadian porting beta is only for landline numbers.". A PM number does not qualify.

@Luddite nice catch!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

okay so the customer service record you are requesting you have all the information.

1. Authorizing name - The person in charge of the account (admin on the account)
  2. Billing telephone number (BTN) - The primary 10 digit phone number that references how the account is billed and set up
  3. Current service provider name - The name of the phone company you're porting the number from
  4. Current service provider account number - Your account number at the phone company you're porting from
  5. Some companies may ask for your pin and esn. I find that this is not required when I ported last.

Sorry to see you go

@gkelly The link you provided for Twilio says porting is for "The Canadian porting beta is only for landline numbers.". A PM number does not qualify.

@gkelly wrote:

Yep, the number's active.  Twilio requires a Customer Service Record for the port: https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/226194747-Canada-Porting-Beta

OK. I have no idea what that record might be. Best, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET). Response is generally within few hours, but may take 24.

gkelly

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

To port-out your Public Mobile account must be active. True for you?

Normally just your account number and the account name is sufficient. What is going on?

Need Help? Let's chat.