cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORACLES

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Cleary the oracles are here daily..help with every situation..since there is no longer an idea section ill post here..they are obviously trusted..they know whats going on...and with the amount of problems people face daily PM should give them a better pay package ..lol..even the ability to help a loyal customer stuck without service due to a bad prepaid voucher...credit card mishap.etc.just to get somone talking.for sure people would try take advantage but...an Oracle has the knowledge to know fact from fiction. Would be a good promo for PM..total comunity involvement...anyhow..thx to all of you..you know who you are...👍

15 REPLIES 15

I love Public Mobile, and as a subscriber, who has an IT/ help desk background, helping others with their issues is a part of why I contribute in the community as much as I do.

I make no bones about the fact that I dislike the lack of response by the parent company Telus in failing to provide more resources (read money, staff, etc.) to deal with the obvious failure that is the current support system.

When I joined in the summer of 2016, the community forum was enough to find answers, if you had the right terms to find the solution.  Moderator responses were less than 2 hours for account related issues during business hours, and that was with at most 3 moderators.

There are now more moderators, however I do not know how many, nor do I know if they are all full time, nor do I know what knowledge they all have at dealing with all the various issues. That have come about in over 30 months since I’ve been here.

Multiple days waiting for a response from the moderators is unacceptable, and Telus needs to do something to make the much better.

Oracles are terrific folks who spend more time than I here trying to assist. They should be getting more the $20 they receive each month for their commitment to assisting the users who are requesting assistance, whether account related or not.

Carld123

All good...no need to explain...i get it....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carld123 wrote:

Also..ive been here for 1 month and 2 weeks...im no veteran to the public mobile rules and regulations..sorry if I crossed the line...ill give you a bravo for setting me straight..........

Hey. I'm no thread police. I've been here since May myself. You've been very active for your first month which is great. I was just nudging you towards doing things right. There was a kerfuffle not long ago where several members of the same apparent household were all bravo'ing and solving each others posts. Even to the point of head scratchers of like that's a solution?

No problem. All of your activity is appreciated. As is everybody's.

Carld123

Good people here....and as we all know to save money is always a challenge..when a community works together..this happens...there is always good ..bad and ugly in all scenarios...this forum is an exception...well maybe not the ugly part..lmao..cant see everyone

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Carld123 wrote:

Cleary the oracles are here daily..help with every situation..since there is no longer an idea section ill post here..they are obviously trusted..they know whats going on...and with the amount of problems people face daily PM should give them a better pay package ..lol..even the ability to help a loyal customer stuck without service due to a bad prepaid voucher...credit card mishap.etc.just to get somone talking.for sure people would try take advantage but...an Oracle has the knowledge to know fact from fiction. Would be a good promo for PM..total comunity involvement...anyhow..thx to all of you..you know who you are...👍

Hi @Carld123

Thanks for yours above. To add to that, I was just thinking in my head yesterday that may be the "Oracles" should be given more capacity in resolving technical issues (whoever is techy and interested), cos the moderators delay time is going berserk. I feel they can be interviewed and go through any security check and what have you. And ofcourse PAID

Carld123

Also..ive been here for 1 month and 2 weeks...im no veteran to the public mobile rules and regulations..sorry if I crossed the line...ill give you a bravo for setting me straight..........

Carld123

Aswipe of the finger..im not an Oracle cant take it back...anyhow....was a wasted post anyways...frown away......

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dude...it's kinda frowned upon to give yourself solutions. You've been working away here for a little while so you're not new here. I see it sometimes with new arrivals so I don't say much.

Carld123

Screenshot_2018-11-04-14-53-48.png

Ok...out of of order.. Lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carld123:

Yeah no thanks. They can have all the power in the community (other than any private information in peoples' community accounts) but definitely not where the money is. It's not about trust. will13am has explained it. This has been bandied about before.

Carld123

Worst case scenario...you kow your efforts are appreciated......

Carld123

The guy that thought of the wheel was considered an idiot...lol...any idea isworth putting out there..once twice..thrice...anyhow......

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Carld123, your suggestion has been brought up before by other oracles.  It was dismissed by public Mobile because we are not employees.  Due to liability and privacy concerns one customer can't have access to another customer's personal information, at least not sanctioned by Public Mobile.  This makes total sense.  I for one don't want to steal a moderator''s job for $20 per month.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carld123 oracles are volunteers and customers. I don't think anyone would want them to have any access to someone's account and personal info.

Carld123

And on a different note....was downtown Toronto..a homeless guy was sitting near a less for less PM sign....his sign said I'm Les and i want more...lol...

Need Help? Let's chat.