cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG, what happened to Public Mobile

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The plans are suck too much compare to chatr or lucky mobile even kodoo. so public mobile doesn't want any new customer anymore?

14 REPLIES 14

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TheGx wrote:

Yeah, the plans are so bad now that it's hard to refer people anymore...

The $25 and other better value plans are back, so easier to refer lots people to Public again!

TheGx

@dna2016 wrote:

@zmh1175 , not sure if I agree with that statement.  Do those other companies offer you the ability to reduce your monthly cost down to half the price, if not even less?  I know the data offers that PM provides right now is not insane like 10GB for $30, but keep in mind you shouldn't looking for plans when there are no real promos being offered.  PM has promo deals every couple months, just keep checking back in and you'll find some good offerings.  They can't offer promo deals everyday all year round, so I think you're just looking/checking at the wrong time. 

If you're willing to wait I'm sure there'll be some nice promo offerings maybe later this month or something for the summer time.  Be patient, good deals are on the way Smiley LOL 

I agree be patient and loyal to Public Mobile, and today I just saw the $25 plans are back! Public still is the best value for $ in Canada!

Car
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd say check back periodically though, the prices seem to change rapidly so you can just change it when you see one you like more...

@ LovestoPM : I think it must have been something like that. I switched from Bell but had to wait a day for my phone to unlock.  lol by the time I set up PM the 3gb port in offer was gone.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dna2016 wrote:

@zmh1175 , not sure if I agree with that statement.  Do those other companies offer you the ability to reduce your monthly cost down to half the price, if not even less?  I know the data offers that PM provides right now is not insane like 10GB for $30, but keep in mind you shouldn't looking for plans when there are no real promos being offered.  PM has promo deals every couple months, just keep checking back in and you'll find some good offerings.  They can't offer promo deals everyday all year round, so I think you're just looking/checking at the wrong time. 

If you're willing to wait I'm sure there'll be some nice promo offerings maybe later this month or something for the summer time.  Be patient, good deals are on the way Smiley LOL 

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like these are promo prices every month from what I was paying before... 

dna2016

@LovesToPM wrote:

Here's an interesting article
https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Guides/Carrier-Market-Activity

Anyone know what happened to the promotion with 3 GB additional data? i.e. When porting over from specific carriers
I can't find it on PM website any more. Was it like a flash weekend promo???
https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-promo-switch-bell-3gb-data/

@LovesToPM, this promo disappeared sometime yesterday morning.  I don't know why, but this is the regular SOP of Public Mobile.  Make a really good deal, then take it away quickly.  I hope to see it again, as I'm thinking about having a back-up phone 'ready to go' when another such plan or promo is made available.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Here's an interesting article
https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Guides/Carrier-Market-Activity

Anyone know what happened to the promotion with 3 GB additional data? i.e. When porting over from specific carriers
I can't find it on PM website any more. Was it like a flash weekend promo???
https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-promo-switch-bell-3gb-data/

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is a no contract, no credit checks, and is prepaid.  It gives consumers flexibility by allowing them to pay for what you need and you customize a plan.

berniedes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry but dont agree  PM  prices are outstanding and a good value      I would never go with a contract 

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zmh1175 wrote:

The plans are suck too much compare to chatr or lucky mobile even kodoo. so public mobile doesn't want any new customer anymore?

One really can't compare pre-paid to contract, as contract requires a credit check and payment after usage.

I think PM is still a great value, especially with all the $ off monthly bill rewards PM offers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Always respect the wallet ahead of any carrier brand.  Go where the deals are.  

TheGx

Yeah, the plans are so bad now that it's hard to refer people anymore...

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@zmh1175 wrote:

Chatr made plans with less data. Public copied. Lucky didn't lower the data.

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm very happy with my plan: 25$ unlimited international texts and unlimited calls within Canada, with 1 Go.  This plan was available until about two weeks.  Keep checking, good deals appear every little while !

Need Help? Let's chat.