cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Number you have reached is not in service”

Pm888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had phone over 2 weeks, just realized I have not been receiving calls but can make calls. No I am not on do not disturb mode.

29 REPLIES 29

@Pm888 Definitely seems a provisioning issue on PM's end unless you have the $10 plan and somehow the minutes got used up.

You might want to try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations. At least you will have calling service while awaiting resolution.

Very disturbing situation. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Pm888

Thank you, I already tried that too. No success.

Whilst waiting for reply from PM Mods...try removing sim for a minute then replacing. It's a longshot, I know. You could allso remove the sim and try it in a different cell pohone. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Pm888

Its been 4 days....I need this resolved, can anyone please help me ? Is there an actual PM employee even that I can talk to ?

Pm888

Yes.

@Pm888 wrote:

No. It was a new number to me. I had been using the phone for 2 weeks with outgoing calls/data/texting without issue. It was only today a friend mentiond they had tried to call multiple times that I found out I couldnt actualy recive calls. 

When you say it is a new number, do you mean you received it when you activated your PM sim?

Pm888

Well as it is a new number I had only given my contact info to a few people. I wasnt expcting many calls as not many people had my number. I  then had lunch with 4 fiends, 1 was the friend who mentioned they couldnt reach me, the other friends then tried calling and all experienced the “number not in service” recording. However I could call them, and we could exchange texts.

Pm888

No. It was a new number to me. I had been using the phone for 2 weeks with outgoing calls/data/texting without issue. It was only today a friend mentiond they had tried to call multiple times that I found out I couldnt actualy recive calls. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

@Pm888 wrote:

Other phones see my number when I call. Text and data are both working fine also.

@RobertQc apparently incoming is the only issue..

@Carld123I would be interested to know if the people who called / texted him what network were they on. I have seen during a failed port, callers / texters from within the public mobile network calling would work, but calling / texting from Rogers / Fongo / Text now, etc would not. Then again we don't even know if it was a port, or a new number. But really doesn't matter. Just for curiosities sake. Either way it sounds like he will have to wait for the mods. 

@RobertQc was reading through the archives...and noticed similar things you mentioned happening....like you was curious..lol

@Carld123 wrote:

@Pm888 wrote:

Other phones see my number when I call. Text and data are both working fine also.

@Carld123I would be interested to know if the people who called / texted him what network were they on. I have seen during a failed port, callers / texters from within the public mobile network calling would work, but calling / texting from Rogers / Fongo / Text now, etc would not. Then again we don't even know if it was a port, or a new number. But really doesn't matter. Just for curiosities sake. Either way it sounds like he will have to wait for the mods. 

Carld123

@Pm888 wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

@Pm888

When you came to PM did you port your number from a different provider? Didnt see anything mentioned so am curious..

@Carld123I was wondering the same thing, if a failed port went back the previous provider, the weird thing would be "number not in service" when someone calls, if it was a failed port and went back to the previous provider the number should go produce a busy signal / go to the old voicemail box because the pre provider would not have cancelled the account. Unless the OP contacted the to cancel, like some do by mistake.  A failed port otherwise would explain the outgoing working, but not incomming.

@Pm888Does incoming text work? From a different network? Like Freedom / Rogers?

Carld123

@Pm888

When you came to PM did you port your number from a different provider? Didnt see anything mentioned so am curious..

@Pm888 wrote:

Anyone ?

@Pm888You contacted the mods 8 hours. Now you just have to wait.  You already tried to $1 trick and lost/stolen so nothing more anyone here can do.

I know it sucks, but be patient, if you send them more messages it will slow it down even more. (Unless you did not listen to instructions and provide all your identify information and properly describe the problem, then send another message containing the info asap) It can take a few days for a response.Good things come to those that wait 

Pm888

Anyone ?

Pm888

No difference.

Pm888

I tried all this again...still nothing.

Also... another power cycle of the phone after reactivation might force a refresh of the SIM info or provisioning information.

Try the lost/stolen trick again.  Log out of Self-Serve for 5-10 minutes, then log back in and activate again.

I wonder if you didn't log out while waiting previously.  Adding the small money amount has also been a change since you attempted, so results *could* be different.

Pm888

Also tried adding $1 to my account. Still no change. I can make out going calls but friends have told me when they attempt to call me they hear “ This number is not in service”

My numbe is clearly inservice as I can text and make out going calls. Does anyone have any clue as to what the issue is here ?

Pm888

I did already.

@Pm888 wrote:

Hello, I tired that already and it didnt work.

The only other trick is to add $1 to your account. If not then you will need to contact the MODs as suggested.

@scooter wrote:

good question to ask a mod IF THEY EVER REPLY TO MY EMAILS.

I had a mod named Aissia who asked me yesterday at 1:50 PM for some ID info so she cpould "gladly look into this matter".

and closed with "Looking forward to your reply, have a great afternoon:)"

I replied to her nothing sent another email, nothing sent one today nothing.

Great service model... not.

How could i share this with other PM users?

Unfortunately contacting the MODs is a not the greatest for PM. That is why it is important to include all possible information in the first message. Did they ask for anything different than I put in my earlier post? 

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: Sim Card Number, PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@Pm888 wrote:

You will need to contact the moderator team.  Instructions on how to do that has already been provided. 

Pm888

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Pm888, if texting is working but calling is not, I suggest trying the lost/found phone toggle to see if that resolves the problem.  Simply go into the self serve account, report phone as lost, logout, reboot phone, wait 5 minutes, login to self serve account, report phone as found, logout, reboot phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message To

customer support teams (Moderators)>> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue 

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

smp99

Ok - sounds like something is up

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Pm888

smp99

Gotta ask

What is the caller ID number others see when you call out. I assume this is the number that people get the message "Number not in service"

Is this also the same number associated with your account when you log in to self serve?

What about texting? can yuosend/receive texts?

Need Help? Let's chat.