cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number portability, [Koodo -> PM] vs [Bell -> PM]

clogan2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, I've recently moved to PM from Bell after 6 years, and I have to say, the porting process was completely seamless (apart from Bell calling me within seconds to beg me to stay).

Now, contrast this to my experience trying to move my father from Koodo postpaid. Why does he have to take a temporary number and then request to have his Koodo number moved over? I've had friends make LNP requests within the exact same carrier before without issue (not entirely sure why they did this, but it did work).

Is there any way I can just move him over seamlessly like I did with Bell? What if when presented with the option, I opt for the LNP process instead of getting a new number and then sending an email to PM?

6 REPLIES 6

Awesome @clogan2! Thanks for letting us all know!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Awesome news, welcome again 🙂

clogan2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just did the port throught the form (bypassing the new number) and it worked flawlessly!

Thanks everyone!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Rockdaddy22,

I agree with you. As long as the Koodo and PM email addresses are different, the PM servers will treat the porting of a Koodo number as from a non-Telus carrier. If the addresses are the same, PM servers will treat the porting as an intra-PM port, which is impossible, and thus cause the servers to become dysfunctional.

Cheers.

You can TRY to have the port go through at the time of activation. Just make sure the email address associated with the Koodo account is different than the one you're using for activation, as @Rockdaddy22 suggested above.

Please note that PM being a beta product, there are absolutely no guarantees that the port will go through as smoothly as it did with your first experience. A lot of people report success similar to what you've had, and a lot of people (myself included) have faced problems with activation and porting lasting several days before being resolved by PM support (and our wonderful community manager).

Now that you've been warned - all the best! 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
As far as I know, if the Koodo email associated with the account is different than the PM account you shouldn't have a problem porting. Maybe some other members can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Glad your port went smoothly 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.