cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port from freedom mobile

InfiniteParadox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number over from freedom mobile. i got an sms on my pm sim saying the port had errors and to contact pm via the contact us section on this site. i did that but am posting my question here as well. my freedom sim no longer works so im confused why im unable to use my number with pm. please any help will be great as im currently phone less

8 REPLIES 8

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @InfiniteParadox,

Thank you for your post!

As my colleague Shazia mentioned yesterday, your old service provider account is not active which is the cause for the failed port. Please view the other post - we can either assign a new number to you, or you can re-activate the Freedom account for porting purposes.

Let us know what you'd like 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh... if the account was cancelled at Freedom before porting, that would cause issues.

The porting process is so simple.  I've done it many times over the years with other carriers.  Last one I did went so smooth too (freedom to pm) .  

According to the OP's another thread, his port was incomplete due to canceling his freedom account prior to porting out. 

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just a thought...   try turning your phone off then back on ?   Also are the APN settings automatic or you might have to set them manually ?

But the fact that the texts says there are issues, may lead to some extra steps for you or PM to finish the port.

Just hold your horses @InfiniteParadox, support isn't 24/7 here.

Monderators work 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time M-Th, and 9 - 5:30 F-Sun

Your port can take a few hours.  As soon as a moderator is available and sees this, they can assit.

If you haven't already, you can send a Private Message to one of the mods to help them see it.  @Shazia_K I think i saw online already.

You'll need to send your SIM number, your port in number, and if created, your temp Public Mobile number.

It shouldn't take too long to resolve.

InfiniteParadox

when will this possiby be resvolved as ive already paid for my service but have none. If for any reasonthe number port doesnt go through will i be given a refund.

InfiniteParadox

thanks for the swift reply

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Seems like it got stuck somewhere. Surprised to see that you at least got a text saying it ran into errors.

You will need help from the mods. They will be online in the morning. Be sure to send one of them a private message with your account details. @Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.