cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Still Hasn't been Ported

Lose_Mango
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I signed up for Public Mobile just this past Monday Sept 23. I did all of the SIM card activation myself online. I was porting my number from a smaller independent telecom company. Sure enough about 2 hours after I finished the activation process I receive this text. 

"Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to publicmobile.ca, click contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks."

I have already completed this form on the original activation. And just to clarify this is for sure a porting issue. I have done all of the recommended trouble shooting. (removing sim card/restarting phone etc etc.) I have a suspicion that since my number was coming from a smaller independant company that maybe the automated porting system didn't function properly. 

So I created a ticket and submitted it Monday afternoon. It is now Thursday and I haven't received any response. I understand this system is set up to give us the consumer a lower cost cell phone. But it's been 4 days now and I really would like my phone working again. Any help on how to get this fixed would be great.

Thanks, 

Kris. 

4 REPLIES 4

wingin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Suspect you have provided your old account number, so they cannot find it. You may call your old carrier to see if they have received a port out service.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lose_Mango 

I would recommend sending another request to moderator if it has been 72 hours.  

You may still be able to use your old SIM card from the independent mobile company.  Try re-inserting  your old SIM card.  Make sure old service is still active.  You need an active old account to have successful port.  

@GinYVR wrote:

@Lose_MangoTry calling the number listed in this thread.

They may be able to help you depending on who your former provider was....you may also need a moderator on this end to complete the process. If possible send a follow up msg to the mods quoting your originality reference #. Detail your plans to call porting dept. And/or any info or help they have given you. Sometimes like koodo prepaid you need a mod. Advice for others porting from anyone but the big 3 and a mobile line pick a temporary number and port your number later so you have service first.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Lose_MangoTry calling the number listed in this thread.

Need Help? Let's chat.