cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ported to Public Mobile but Unable to Receive Calls From Customer's of Previous Carrier

NuXPeR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As stated in the subject line, I ported my number to Public Mobile from FIDO and have recently learned that customers of FIDO are unable to call my phone number. I discovered this when a cousin of mine recently tried to call me and informed me that every time he called my number he was being directed to a FIDO automated message stating something along the lines that my number was out of service or unreachable. I proceeded to call him and the call connected just fine and this is when I learned that he was also a FIDO customer. I haven't been able to test this with any other FIDO customers, but it would appear that FIDO's system hasn't fully released my number or that the porting process wasn't fully completed. How do I go about testing this further and is this an issue with Public Mobile or FIDO?

10 REPLIES 10

NuXPeR

@Shazia_K - PM with mobile number sent!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@NuXPeR

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

I did receive a private message from you, would it be possible to send me your phone number as well? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

NuXPeR

Yes I sure do @Luddite! I've had this number for over 20 years so accepting a new one is not going to happen. It's not my old number - it's the only number I have. Man Happy

NuXPeR

Obviously I realize that this is an issue with the Fido/Rogers system in which the porting of my number did not properly complete on their end and they have not fully released my number from their systems. When calls are being placed within their own network they are being forwarded to a Fido automated messaging system because their systems still recognize my number as a Fido number. Problem is, they need someone from the Public Mobile Porting Department (if there is such a department) to PHONE someone at the Fido Porting Department so they can speak to each other and work out the issue. It's an issue that happens from time to time in the porting process and is generally fairly easy to fix, but both departments need to communicate.

Thanks for the update. Sorry it is such a drag. You must really like your old phone number! Robot Mad

@Shazia_K @Mary_M Just in case you are not subscribed to this thread.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NuXPeR

An update on my ongoing issue with not being able to receive calls from Fido/Rogers customers...

I was contacted by someone from the Public Mobile technical support team a couple days after creating this post and was advised that they would look into the issue. Well, fast forward one week to today and I was contacted by someone from the Telus Mobility technical department who has been working on my issue. He advised me that he emailed Fido regarding my issue and they were unwilling to help, stating that they don't see an issue in their system. He basically said he's done all he can do and advised me to have my friends or family members that are Fido/Rogers customers contact their customer service departments and attempt to have them escalate the issue by saying that they are unable to call me. He said they'd likely not be willing to help me since I am no longer a Fido customer. He finished the call by saying he'd be in contact with me again in a week and that I could text him if I was able to resolve the issue on my own.

Well, I proceeded to contact Fido customer service anyways using their online chat option and was assisted by a customer service rep that was VERY willing to assist me. She contacted the porting department on my behalf and returned with the following message (below). I attempted to forward this message to the guy from Telus that contacted me, but have not heard back yet. I have also forwarded my issue to the Rogers Office of the Ombudsman and received a response stating that they are looking into the issue. As of right now, I have been unable to receive calls from Fido/Rogers customers since becoming a Public Mobile customer on March 1st, 2016 and it is quite frustrating to say the least. Strangely enough, I have gotten more support on the issue from Fido after only contacting them once (today) and I am not even their customer anymore. It's starting to feel like the only way I'll be able to resolve this issue is to port my number back to Fido, which I am considering at this point. Good customer service (when needed) is invaluable. I'll leave it at that...

Response From Fido:

Thank you so much for your patience! I just got off the phone with the port out department and he mentioned to me that Public Mobile must send a special request to have an investigated team contact Fido so they can perform the tests together to see what is the issue. He said that once that is done it is something that can be resolved pretty quickly but that both teams need to contact each other. I also mentioned that you were told to investigate this on your own. I'm very sorry you were told this because this should have been dealt with and transparent for you! You should not have to be doing all the back and forth and for that I am truly sorry about this. Can you please give us a heads up when Public Mobile gets in touch with our technical support team regarding the port out of your number?
Thank you so much!
Jessica

NuXPeR

Thanks @Shazia_K! Sending mobile number now...

NuXPeR

Well I've been with Public Mobile now for several months and just learned of this issue a couple weeks ago. I don't really know many people that use FIDO so I haven't been able to test the issue further myself.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @NuXPeR

Welcome to Public Mobile,

I'm sorry to hear about this strange issue that has been happening. 

I will be glad to look into this for you, would you be able to send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number?

Thanks,

Shazia

Not sure how to send me or see private messages? Click here

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Let's first have a moderator look at your account before doing any other tests. It does seem your Fido port has stalled somewhere. @Kalla_A @Shazia_K?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.