cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now in self serve: Province-wide talk, global text and 4GB for $45 and more

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Found this thread on RFD this morning. 

There *may* be a new promo coming. No announcment from MOD's yet that I've seen.

$45/30 days on 90 days plan with autopay
- unlimited province wide talk
- unlimited global text
- 9+3 GB LTE data 

Looks like lower tier plans are also available.

What do you think? Worth it to switch from a lower cost plan?

111 REPLIES 111

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If true, I agree this is a great deal. Not as good as last year's fall promo but. It is still really good or the next best thing.  

We have been asking for a great promo and I think this is it. For those waiting for the fall promo this is your chance. If you are wanting something better not sure you will get it.

Also, I do not think it is targeted because the past 2 targeted promos made you pick a plan then data was added.   Here you can pick the plan outrite.

Just my personal thoughts.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for posting, @denkom.

I think there are some great options in there. There will still be people comparing it to the 2016 Fall promo, but considering the PM price updates in July, I consider $45/4GB LTE a good deal.

I have played around a bit - if what's in the self-serve portal right now is what they are announcing shortly, even the two choices are a better deal than the spring talk & text promo. ($75 before rewards, the spring promo was $81...)

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@denkom, not sure if it has changed but I can't see a data option of 9GB+3GB.  I wonder if it was pulled until it is announced

ETA:  They must be working on the Plan page.  I refreshed and pricing was different

I just signed up for the plan, so it's there. However, the first time I tried, when I clicked on the 90 day plan, it didn't refresh the rest of the plans, so everything else displayed was based on the 30day plans... so that might be why you couldn't see the promo?

MEU_21

If true, I think this is a lot better promo than Koodo's 5G/$50 for those who are happy with <4GB per month! Keep in mind, that as time goes by, this will drop to $40/m in 5 years with autopay, minus any referrals.

denkom

Interesting @ShawnC13 they must have pulled it for now since people were able to see it & change plans before there was any sort of formal announcement lol.

shawnie_boy

nice to see another deal almost as good as before

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@denkom, not sure if it has changed but I can't see a data option of 9GB+3GB.  I wonder if it was pulled until it is announced

ETA:  They must be working on the Plan page.  I refreshed and pricing was different

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

I would and did future date the plan. Will see what happens. A future dated plan change can always be canceled.

@Rustynayl wrote:

Hmm, the guy who posted a screenshot in RFD has quite different results than me. I don't see any deal like this. sc1.png

It's because you didn't select any data. And those talk and text plans are on 30 days. 

Rustynayl

Hmm, the guy who posted a screenshot in RFD has quite different results than me. I don't see any deal like this. sc1.png

@CalvinW wrote:

Watch it be restricted to freedom customers again

Would you sign up at this price level or continue to watch for other opportunities?

collin1215

ayy hopfully this is real. Better than anything and anything out there. 

@CalvinW wrote:

Hopefully not Smiley Wink

Rustynayl

I'll still take it, I'm currently paying $165 for 90 days.. so $47 is better than $55. You think it's wise to future date this right now? Or wait for an announcement?

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

mimmo

I managed to futuredate the plan chnage on my sisters account.

so fingers crossed that it is not a mistake.

if it is a new promo hopeully the mods are ready 🙂 and we won't have 2 week backlogs as in the past.

Garry

This should be the standard "No Frills" pricing for Public Mobile. 

kjmckenz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In comparison to other offers out there, this is a great promo.

The 3G promo was kind of lame in my opinion considering the majority of people want LTE and could get LTE if they really wanted to at a similar price point as what PM was offering for 3G.

denkom

I agree...I was hoping for a better promo.

denkom

I think the base cost is $47 per month...so $45 after autopay

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Not bad, it's $5 more then the ubiquitous 2016 fall promo.  The 500 meg plans are useless.  Way too little data for the price.  Zoomer offers 1 gig at $36 with a free phone on contract.

Need Help? Let's chat.