cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now in self serve: Province-wide talk, global text and 4GB for $45 and more

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Found this thread on RFD this morning. 

There *may* be a new promo coming. No announcment from MOD's yet that I've seen.

$45/30 days on 90 days plan with autopay
- unlimited province wide talk
- unlimited global text
- 9+3 GB LTE data 

Looks like lower tier plans are also available.

What do you think? Worth it to switch from a lower cost plan?

111 REPLIES 111

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi collin1215,

At this time, it's just available on Ontario unfortunately.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

First time ever, a plan that is exclusive to Ontario.  We are always shut out of the good stuff coming from Telus.  Is this a sign of the future times where Koodo might bring the Prairie/Quebec plan to Ontario?

I suspect people will just sign up with an Ontario number, then change it to their own province afterward.  I wonder if there'll be measures against that?  What happens to customers who really live in Ontario who sign up on this plan and then move to a another province later?  How is PM going to tell the difference between the two situations?  If they go by the address on credit cards, even those can be messed with.  And there's always payment by vouchers to sidestep that.

@MEU_21 wrote:

Just saw these on RedFlag.... and they match- just checked

"GREAT DEALS! OP to update. Clicking on the $45/90 days link on PM's site will NOT add the data. 

Other Plans on the Main Site options NOW are, for 90 Days:

Province-wide, Global Text, 6GB 3G for $73 => ~$22/m with AutoPay
Province-wide, Global Text, 9GB 3G for $88 => ~$27/m with AutoPay
Province-wide, Global Text, 18GB 3G for $127 => ~$32/m with AutoPay

Province-wide, Global Text, 6GB LTE for $97 => ~$30/m with AutoPay"

These are great if they remain!

I am not seeing the 3G speed plans at these low prices.  $22 for a plan with any type of data is a lava hot deal these days. 

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi denkom,

We appreciate your loyalty, but unfortunately this plan is available only to Ontario residents. Stay tuned for future promotional offers.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

@Jeremy_M

Since the promotion seems to be accessible in self-serve to people outside Ontario... Is PM honoring future dated plan changes to the promo pricing?

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi denkom,

We appreciate your loyalty, but unfortunately this plan is available only to Ontario residents. Stay tuned for future promotional offers.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Then I'd expect that to be stated in the fineprint for the promo on the promo page. The default province on the main website is Ontario - there might be people just clicking on the activation link whithout bothering to change to their home province.

MEU_21

@jordanharris01 wrote:

Is anyone else able to get these prices?

I was able to see these after seeing them on RedFlag, but now when I check it doesn't give me these values anymore. hehe I guess it was the "10 minute flash deal".

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi collin1215,

Cheers

Abdoulaye

First time ever, a plan that is exclusive to Ontario.  We are always shut out of the good stuff coming from Telus.  Is this a sign of the future times where Koodo might bring the Prairie/Quebec plan to Ontario?

jordanharris01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So this isn't availble to new customers or to a new referral?

@jordanharris01 wrote:

Where are you seeing these prices? I'm getting $135 for the 6GB 3G 90 plan.

As the thread title implies, in your self-serve account. Plans & Add-ons, change plans -> brings up the updated selector.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi denkom,

Cheers

Abdoulaye

jordanharris01

Is anyone else able to get these prices?

I can't but would love to for a new activation for my brother-in-law.

@MCWC wrote:

Darn, just signed up a family member a week or so ago. Is it possible for a mod to change it right now without having to pay anything additional? This plan is cheaper than what he signed up for. Or is the best thing for me to do is to set it to change on the next renewal date in December?

Because there are no refunds for making an immediate change, it would be best to select the new plan but future date the change.  So, at least you get to use up what is already paid for. 

Rustynayl

@denkom wrote:

Why is it only available for customers in Ontario? What about the rest of Canada? 

Not only that, but the plan is visible for people outside of Ontario. What happpens to everyone who has already future dated this promo?

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, I noticed the promotion.

@collin1215 wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there,

Indeed, new promo plans are available (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/promotions). 🙂

We do apologize to the inconvenience that the promo was not apparently showing up on our site.

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

Is this just limited to Ontario? When I which to British Columbia. The promo is not shown on the promotion page. 

@collin1215Go into your self-serve account - I'm in BC and was able to future date on the new pricing / promo plan.

The plan page seems not to be reflecting the promo pricing for me right now, even when switching browsers and to Ontario.

jordanharris01

Where are you seeing these prices? I'm getting $135 for the 6GB 3G 90 plan.

denkom

Why is it only available for customers in Ontario? What about the rest of Canada? 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi collin1215,

Cheers

Abdoulaye

MEU_21

Just saw these on RedFlag.... and they match- just checked

"GREAT DEALS! OP to update. Clicking on the $45/90 days link on PM's site will NOT add the data. 

Other Plans on the Main Site options NOW are, for 90 Days:

These are great if they remain!

denkom

Awesome, thanks @CS_Agent for confirming.

collin1215

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there,

Indeed, new promo plans are available (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/promotions). 🙂

We do apologize to the inconvenience that the promo was not apparently showing up on our site.

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

Is this just limited to Ontario? When I which to British Columbia. The promo is not shown on the promotion page. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there,

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

denkom

I'm seeing reference to the promo on the plans page now but still not displaying properly when you try to build plan there. 

This is what I see on the plans page:

CREATE YOUR PLAN

We’ve expanded our offerings! Now offering plans in both 3G and 4G LTE speeds.

- $45/90 days: Province-wide talk, global text and and 4GB of data on 4G LTE* Click Here

cork99

wow awesome deall from 186 amonth

mimmo

Set next renewal date.

denkom

You are welcome @wetcoaster

I'm kinda disappointed with this promo. Was really hoping it would be $42 ($40 with autopay) for the 4 gigs.

@MCWC wrote:

Darn, just signed up a family member a week or so ago. Is it possible for a mod to change it right now without having to pay anything additional? This plan is cheaper than what he signed up for. Or is the best thing for me to do is to set it to change on the next renewal date in December?

Public Mobile is a prepaid provider, you'd loose the remaining data and would need to pay the full amount if you change the plan right now. Future dating it for the next renewal is the way to go.

MCWC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I am not seeing the 9+3GB option is everyone else?

@ShawnC13 make sure the options refresh when you switch from 30 days to 90.  If the option prices stay the same, the page may be "stuck".  I had that happen just now.  I hit F5 to refresh the page, and then I re-selected 90 days and was able to see the 9+3.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I am not seeing the 9+3GB option is everyone else?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.