cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receving any texts/calls/voicemail

alkatize
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just switched carriers from Wind Mobile to Public Mobile and I noticed that I have not been able to receive any calls, texts or voicemails from anyone. I am able to make outgoing texts and calls.

Things I have tried:

- Restarting my phone
- Switching to old SIM Card (No service on old carrier)

- Calling and texting other people with success

- Adjusting APN Settings

- Contacting Public Mobile with no response in 48 hours

Things I've noticed:

- Using other peoples' phones to call/text me with no success

- Data works just fine with good service

- When people call me, it goes straight to my voicemail from WIND

- WIND Mobile account is still formally active

- Having to access WIND Mobile voicemail to access an employment offer I just received that I would have known about if this worked

I think this might be a porting issue but I have no response from anyone how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

caleblee123

message the facebook page of public mobile. Someone there helped me earlier than the mods on here. it will take time for them to actually get back to you but at least its worth the try.

alkatize
@caleblee123 I just tried calling Wind and they said they could not do anything about it because Public Mobile didn't out in a request for port. There's nothing that they can do and Public Mobile has to handle it

caleblee123

have you talked to wind about the situation? I went to my local wind store and they were understanding however they said my number is not in their system anymore so everything should be fine. Im sure wind will try to help you on their end

alkatize

I've messaged them via the community, the get help link and via facebook. There is NO response whatsoever. I feel like they just skipped over me. This is getting very very frustrating!

I'm happy that you've gotten your problem fixed! Hope my time comes soon because I just paid another $40 for this stress.

caleblee123

PM on facebook got back to me today and fixed my account issues. Maybe give them a shout and they will get back to you shorlty

caleblee123

I'm guessing mine isnt cancelled yet either since I cant make phone calls and i ported over my number from wind to PM. I messeged someone a week ago and he directed me to the mods but i have no reply since then.

Hope we get our answers! 😄

alkatize
@caleblee123 My Wind account is not cancelled yet and I'm currently paying two bills due to this. I don't want to lose my number so I don't want to close my wind account.

caleblee123

do you know if your wind account has been cancelled or not? I dont want to be paying two bills 😕

alkatize

@Mary_M, @Shazia_K

I sent in a direct message via the Help link on Nov 19 and have not received a response yet. I understand that you have an influx of new clients and I thank you for doing the best that you can to help us all!

For my issue, I am unable to receive calls or texts. My phone number did not completely port from Wind to Public Mobile. I am able to use data/outgoing texts and calls but no incoming.

All information has been PM'ed to you.

Thanks

caleblee123

hi there, i registered two days ago after switching from WIND to PM and once i put the sim card in, i was not able to make phone calls or receive any. Also my data does not work, I can turn it on but it defintely does not work 😞 i have an iphone6 and i went through my "cellular data" and the only option was personal hotspot so nothing there looked unusual 😕 would you be aple to help me?

Reboot your phone a few times in the next few hours. If still no joy, review this post for your next step:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

If you get really stuck consider an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi/cellular data. At least with data working you will have calling services while travelling.

Hope it clears itself because the moderator backlog is several days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It'a a little strange that your Wind mobile account is still active when they deactivated your SIM already.  Maybe call them up and ask them why calls are still going through them?  But make sure yourboublic mobile account is showing he ported number first. If you get nowhere with Wind you'll have to contact a mod here for them to look into the account. But the reason why it's not working is cause Wind still thinks your account is active. 

Need Help? Let's chat.