cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts?

Mikey_dinh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, so this started recently probably within the last week where I'm unable to recieved texts messages here and there. I'm able to send them with no issues. However mid conversation I will stop receiving texts even though it says sent on the other person phone. Anyone else experiencing these issues? I've tried my sim in other phones so it doesn't seem like my phone is the issue 

17 REPLIES 17

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Mikey_dinh,

thank you for raising concern with us regarding your incoming text messages!

The first thing we'll try is re-pushing your SMS service #. Basically, it'll reset the network in case there are any "jams", can you please send me your number via private message?

Let's keep the conversation going 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Mikey_dinh

Hey, ive tried to see if there was a pattern but unfortunately not. From what I seen, happens from Bell, Telus, Virgin, Rogers.

henrik

Hi @Mikey_dinh,

The fact that it works intermitently makes it odd.    If you are 100% not able to receive text message, then the problem is most likely on your account setup.   

Try observing from which carrier the text message is from?     Once you've identified a consistent pattern, I suggest you PM @CS_Agent with all the details (originating phone number, carrier and time it was sent) and ask for further investigation of your profile. 

Hope this helps.

Mikey_dinh

Yeah I changed my network operators when I got the sim

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you set your phone to telus? Samsung phones have to be set to specific providers in their settings.

Mikey_dinh

Galaxy S6

Shutdown

What phones are you using?

passiveegg

Wow this is really weird. Have you added anything to your plan which may have altered with your original plan because it isweird that you cant send any messages at all. Best thing to do is contact the @moderator_team 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Guys, it's definitely time to seek moderator help.

Jviner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do not use a texting app, I just use my texting on my phone. 

Mikey_dinh

I've tried troubleshooting but no success. I'm using the default app on Samsung. I've even tried using Google's texting app neither seem to work 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

What texting app are you guys using?

If you happen to be using hangout, the support for sms has been discontinued. So please try another texting app. 

Have you guys tried any troubleshooting?

- turn off the phone, remove and reinsert SIM card and turn on the phone. 

- try another texting app. 

If nothing works please follow @will13am suggestion and send a private message to the @CS_Agent

Jviner

thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If that is the case, I suggest giving the moderator team a private message explaining the issue so they can look into it.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Jviner

I also have this problem for about a month and now currently have no service for some reason.

Mikey_dinh

Nope I've never had a US add-on 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Did you happen to have a US add-on expire recently?  That sometimes messes up text.

Need Help? Let's chat.