cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts after returning from the US

Spokeshave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was in the US roaming for the last week and had excellent success with connectiviity, send/receiving texts, making calls, etc.  however since I returned back to Canada yesterday, I can send but NOT RECEIVE texts from anyone.  Can someone provide troubleshooting on this?

5 REPLIES 5

Spokeshave

This is unfortunate. In retrospect I’m wondering now if it would have been better to buy a SIM card from a US carrier than to buy the roaming Add-on. The roaming feature worked fine, but this known issue with transition back to my regular plan upon returning to Canada is unacceptable.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 I think longer than just waiting for the self-resolution, unfortunately.

@Spokeshave do note that any messages sent to you until it's resolved are totally gone and you will have no idea who tried to contact you (unless they happen to follow up to ask why you haven't replied).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Spokeshave wrote:

Phew... That's good to know.. Thank you. Hopefully all will be resolved tomorrow.

As stated it is a known issue but you can also message the mods to get this resolved right away.  I am not sure what the current wait times are for a response from the moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Spokeshave

Phew... That's good to know.. Thank you. Hopefully all will be resolved tomorrow.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Spokeshave wrote:

I was in the US roaming for the last week and had excellent success with connectiviity, send/receiving texts, making calls, etc.  however since I returned back to Canada yesterday, I can send but NOT RECEIVE texts from anyone.  Can someone provide troubleshooting on this?

It is a know bug that you have to wait for 1 day after your US roaming add-on expired.

Need Help? Let's chat.