cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving/delayed texts from outside carriers

CarlyMcDougall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am no longer receiving SMS texts or they are showing up 12 to 24 hours later. Recipients are getting mine no issues. I can receive MMS photos. I can text with those on Telus network so it seems like it's an outside carrier issue? I have rebooted, removed battery and SIM (per other forum ideas) to no avail. This is my work phone so very detrimental. Any troubleshooting ideas? Please help!
10 REPLIES 10

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CarlyMcDougall I am glad that the texting delays to your phone seem to be resolved. Any changes you made on your Samsung may have been coincidental to network changes. 

This is a screenshot that I took from: 

http://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers

Screenshot 2017-07-24 at 07.51.05.png

ETA: Telus support will likely reply to this tweet, when the issue is resolved. 

Glad i could help!

CarlyMcDougall
You gave me an idea and it worked! I uninstalled and reinstalled my messaging app and everything is working again! Thanks so much Cameron!

EnderX

I am in the same boat - woke up this morning to texts coming in that were sent 10ish hours ago.  This is from 3 different individuals.  Tried to have a text conversation this morning and it was  kind of all over the place because some texts would delay for a few minutes...so out of order.

@CarlyMcDougall wrote:
I am no longer receiving SMS texts or they are showing up 12 to 24 hours later. Recipients are getting mine no issues. I can receive MMS photos. I can text with those on Telus network so it seems like it's an outside carrier issue? I have rebooted, removed battery and SIM (per other forum ideas) to no avail. This is my work phone so very detrimental. Any troubleshooting ideas? Please help!

CarlyMcDougall
I'm not using the default messaging app but an add on app called Mood.

I was just thinking it could be an app related issue (default SMS app), but if its only rogers customers where you are experiencing this with, than maybe rogers could be having SMS/network problems. If you are able to send texts, and receive texts from Bell and Telus without real delays, I doubt that it could be a Telus/Bell network issue

CarlyMcDougall
It appears I am receiving normal timed texts from Bell and Telus, but not Rogers. Is this possible? Happened to others? What can I do?

CarlyMcDougall

CarlyMcDougall
Not silly! Samsung Note 3.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
I'm just going to ask a silly question. Do you have an iPhone or an Android phone
Need Help? Let's chat.