cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all my text messages

Emilee1992
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can send messages no problem, but for the  past few days I recieved most of my texts but some aren't coming through. Anyone know why this would be? Seems to be getting more frequent.

13 REPLIES 13

Crash2

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

Try clearing the messenger cache: open Settings, tap Storage to open storage settings, tap Other Apps, find messenger, clear the cache.

Emilee1992

@Alex888 it seems to be random

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Is it always the same people you don't recieve texts from or is it just random?

Grasping at straws.... lol

Emilee1992

@stonechucker it is the same device as before, I've never had an Iphone

Emilee1992

@will13am as far as I can tell, I don't have a block spam feature

Emilee1992

@mimmo not a specific carrier nor does it happen only at a certain time of day

I tried rebooting, I don't know if it's made a difference so far

@Emilee1992, is this a new device, since it was working properly, or has it always been this device?

im leading towards you might have had an iPhone recently, and some of your contacts may still be sending to iMessage...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Emilee1992, by chance does your app have a setting to block spam SMS? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

are the missed messages from a specific carrier, overseas, or a web service, like google, uper etc.  do you notice it a certain time of day?

not sure if any of these will help but

1) have you rebooted phone?

2) can you try a different app?

Emilee1992

@will13am thanks for responding.

Yes, I used to receive my messages no problem. This isn't a new account with a number port, I believe I've had my account since September. Phone calls are working. My phone is a Samsung J3.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Emilee1992, were you able to receive text messages before?  Is this on a new account with number port?  Does receiving phone calls work?  What hardware are you using?  Depending on answers to these questions, the community can provide a more focused suggestion. 

Need Help? Let's chat.