cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not good PM not good. (2 days without service, and no reply from CS email)

Kraekin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Alright Public Mobile, whats going on? I can understand having issues and what not, however no reply a 2 day old email now, and you claim you will respond with in that time frame is unacceptable, and I am reading that people have been waiting a lot longer for other issues.

I have missed out on overtime at work because of a "glitch" that caused my service to completely die after switching to a different plan. I didnt even realize for a couple hours due to the fact that everything looked fine online and from my phone until I went to use my data and then realized I wasnt receiving texts or able to send.

I have sent PMs to a couple mods on here about 4 hours ago now but nothing either, so I guess it comes down to posting an actual thread? im sorry guys but worst customer service ever, this may be a deciding factor for me to switch to another provider, $20 a month more is worth being able to get assistance within 24 hours. over 48 is very very unacceptable.

@Shazia_K @Mary_M please help! also @Saray_O

17 REPLIES 17

Morpheus

Telus texts were only saved for 5 days according to a court materials https://www.davidlam.ca/blog/2013/03/telus-records-all-your-texts/

@serenahavana is your service back now?

Found this on the web -

Most cell service providers will store incoming text messages when your phone has been turned off or service unteruppted and periodically attempt to resend the texts until you can receive them. This period of "attempted redelivery" varies depending on your wireless service. Im not sure if PM does this or not? 

huffington post has this to say-

Unlike many other wireless carriers, Telus stores copies of all text messages sent or received by its subscribers in a database for 30 days.

Since Public is part of Telus once your phone enables you may receive your mixed texts. 

serenahavana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing happened to me! I tried to change from the $50 plan to the $40 plan and without realizing it, I was cut off from my service for 48 hours. I had to log back into my public account to realize it says I still owed $9 on my darn bill! Who knows how many texts and calls I missed in those two days. Anyone have any idea if I would receive those texts I missed out on after renewing my account? 

Kraekin

I know right lol, that was literally the first thing I did. let alone 2 days later. hell, my battery has died twice already since then, so even if I didnt restart it on purpose it would have for that reason

HalfClap
I love the 'have your tried turning it on and off' attempts. Yea, I've have no service for a week and I didn't think of that

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would call my credit card company and dispute the charges then.

nyall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile have had my $480 for a month, after my account activation failed multiple times (they charged me each time I tried) and now won't even acknowledge it.

When I PMed the mods and asked why I was charged 4 times, even though I was told my card had not been charged, Shazia opened and acitvated an account for me and then said.. 

j

You truly get what you pay for with Public Mobile.. 

Kraekin

I have tried everything you can imagine. I use to manage a cellphone kiosk, so ive probably tried more things than a normal user would even know to try. The issue is not the service being out so much as not getting a reply in over 48 hours.

Shutdown

Have you tried resetting your phone?

Kraekin

Changed it on the 28th, paid in full and my Self serve account says that my account is active.

Shutdown

Just wondering but when you changed your plan did you pay off the amount you owed for the plan change? the full amount

Kraekin

oh ill be happier in a lot less time than next year if I have to switch providers. haha

ABS

I was without service  and mods PM reply 4,5 days. Some people about a week. Just wait and wait and wait....You will be happy soon 🙂 I think next year ..for sure.

Try to send PM to all of them. After my service was activated I`ve got 2 PM from mods 🙂 Aniway you are in line.

Kraekin

If they dont get the notification about a PM from me, why would they listen to a post being tagged?

Shutdown

Try tagging moderators on posts like this @Shazia_K instead of emailing them

HalfClap
Can they start giving out those badges for how long we've been out of service? Like, get a '1 day no service ' badge, or '1 week no phone calls' badge?

sonrivera
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been without service for over 1 week now. Sim card is not working and no reply from mods nor any of my emails have been replied to. Very dissappointing.

Need Help? Let's chat.