cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting mobile data on LG Stylo 2 Plus

ahsanupal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also am not getting data on my Stylo 2 Plus K557. I get voice calls but no data. I also checked the IMEI of phone on your website and it says that it should work, see below. I also checked that the data is turned on. Please help.

Your IMEI - 359386070133657

Stylo 2 Plus K557

Your device should work on our Network.
Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen.

13 REPLIES 13

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yay!! Awesome!! 🙂

ahsanupal

Thanks everyone, I didn't have an entry for APN and once I entered the information and did a reset it is all working now.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Does anyone know if freedom  locked the bands on this phone like on the Samsung?

ahsanupal

This phone was on Freedom network before. I will google and find out how to do the resets you're suggesting

ahsanupal

No, this is a new phone for me, it was previously on Freedom

@ahsanupal Another thought: you will only have LTE sporadically with that phone. Try setting your network to 3G, rather than "auto" or "LTE".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

KMG

Was your data working before?  Or did you just sign up with Public Mobile?  Best to do a factory reset of your phone to see if that works.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I totally agree with the Public Mobile checker being suspect.  However, in this case the results are correct.  I usually use this site when willmyphonework doesn't have the device on file.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/models/vXz7N/lg-k557-k-series-stylo-2-plus-4g-lte-lg-ph2

This is the official site to check for phone blacklist status.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anyway, as already suggested, try a network reset and make sure a proper APN is entered and selected for use.

mimmo

@koimr1 is correct first check your APN settings.

koimr1

mimmo

I know the lg g4 ang g5 required either a network settings reset and if that did not work it requred a factory reset ( and i recall someone actually did 2 factory resets).  

first i would put your sim in another phone and make sure it is not an account issue,  but with the lg history i  am 99%sure its a hardware issue.

which provider are you coming from?  I know some bands need to be unlocked for some freedom phones (samsung) not sure about LG.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ahsanupal, the IMEI checker only checks to see if your phone is blacklisted and sometimes gives out wrong information.  Better sites to check for compatibility are

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

www.willmyphonework.net

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Michael77

@ahsanupal,

When I ported over to PM from FM I had to do a factory reset to get my data to work. But if you do this make sure you back-up your personal documents otherwise you may lose them.

Need Help? Let's chat.