cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to transfer my number

AnnaTran_97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

It's been a while since I have been trying to transfer my number online (from Koodo) and it says "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number" in red after I put my old account number, my alternate phone and the authorization name. I am so confused.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Anna T.

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DaBruuzer 8?!?!  Wow.  Glad it worked!

@AnnaTran_97 can you confirm that you did not use the same email address to activate your PM acount that you use on your Koodo account?  If you did use the same one, then try this:

1) sign into your Koodo self-serve account

2) change the email address on file to an alternate email address (if you don't have a seconary, you can sign up for a free gmail.com or outlook.com address)

3) try the port again at PM

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DaBruuzer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

8th time is a charm!  Up and running. Thanks for the soothing words. 🙂  Looking forward to being an active and helpful Community member myself.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @AnnaTran_97

I'm sorry about this!

Try following @Garry's advise, sometimes the porting page has some quirks and after a few attempts the port goes through successfully.

If that doesn't work, send me a private message with this info and I will assist you:

- Public Mobile SIM card number

- phone number you want to port

- account number (with your old service provider)

Thank you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

DaBruuzer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Now it says "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance".

Having the exact same issue, been trying since 7am this morning.  Coming from Telus, and yes - using a different email than my Telus account.  I put in a support ticket around 7:30am today, but nothing back yet.  I DO understand the volume PM must be dealing with, but I would like to get this done. 🙂  Any help is much appreciated.  

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please be patient as this is also a very heavy time for public mobile receiving porting requests with this new plan.

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had the same red "not authorized" issue last night. I just kept clicking the Iam authorized box on and off, and the box saying enable or something like that. Just keep trying. It'll eventually take it. Try different alternate #'s also and log out/in if nec. I used my neighbours and friends #'s to complete the form. Then once ported I went into profile and changed the alternate #'s to my home # etc.

AnnaTran_97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now it says "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance".

Sameer
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try it again, enter all the info, and then when it comes to that page, you need to CHECK the box first that says you are authorized to transfer this #. Then enter the phone number, koodo account name, (pin # if you have), the phone IMEI, and the alternate phone#. And then try again.

I actually had to try it two or three times and then it worked. But enter as much info as you can.

Need Help? Let's chat.