cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not able to receive incoming calls and texts

I just started my plan with Public mobile on December 30, 2018. 

I can make outgoing calls and texts but not receive any incoming calls and texts.  

How can this be fixed ASAP?

Re: Not able to receive incoming calls and texts

@EmilyWuj wrote:

I can make outgoing calls and texts but not receive any incoming calls and texts.  

@EmilyWuj wrote:

First off, if this an issue specific to your account, it cannot be fixed by posting a message here.  Anything that is account related must be dealt with a moderator who are Public Mobile employees.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

From what I read around here, it's taking them a couple of days to respond to customer inquiries.

Did you request a phone number to be transfered over to Public Mobile.  If you did, what you describe is normal.  However, if the phone number is coming from another wireless carrier, the phone number transfer should be completed within a few hours. Since it has been more than a few hours things haven't been completed, this usually means that the request failed.

Until such time that your phone number has been transfered to Public Mobile, all incoming communications will continue to be routed to the service of the old carrier.

My phone number is new to my account, I didn't transfer my old phone number to my Public mobile account.    

@computergeek541 wrote:

@EmilyWuj wrote:

@EmilyWuj wrote:

First off, if this an issue specific to your account, it cannot be fixed by posting a message here.  Anything that is account related must be dealt with a moderator who are Public Mobile employees.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

From what I read around here, it's taking them a couple of days to respond to customer inquiries.

Did you request a phone number to be transfered over to Public Mobile.  If you did, what you describe is normal.  However, if the phone number is coming from another wireless carrier, the phone number transfer should be completed within a few hours. Since it has been more than a few hours things haven't been completed, this usually means that the request failed.

Until such time that your phone number has been transfered to Public Mobile, all incoming communications will continue to be routed to the service of the old carrier.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@EmilyWuj wrote:

@EmilyWuj wrote:

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@EmilyWuj wrote:

My phone number is new to my account, I didn't transfer my old phone number to my Public mobile account.    

If that's the case, then Something is wrong at the account level.  you could try the lost/found phone trick - Log into self serve, report the phone lost/stolen. Log out of self serve.  Wait a few minutes.  Log back in and report the phone found.  Sometimes this clears up strange issue.  However, if that doesn't work, you will likely need to contact the moderator team for assistance.  If you need to do so...

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Note that response time is about 2-3 days.

@EmilyWuj

Ditto to everyone's replies. Send a private message to the Moderator Team and they can look into your issue.

One more thing to note is that when your phone number ports successfully, you can expect to receive a confirmation text message.

Good luck!
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you didnt port in and using your new number at public mobile.   Try on another phone while waiting for mod to reply.  

@EmilyWuj Also facing the exact same problems as you and I joined Dec 31st. Currently dealing with Mods to resolve this. As others have stated, privately message Mods but keep in mind initial response time of up to 72 hours. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hope you get the issue resolved. Out of curiosity, what plan do you have?

@ksoosiah wrote:

@EmilyWuj Also facing the exact same problems as you and I joined Dec 31st. Currently dealing with Mods to resolve this. As others have stated, privately message Mods but keep in mind initial response time of up to 72 hours. 

Thanks, sorry you're dealing with this too.  I PM'd the mods last night.

@mh1983 wrote:

Hope you get the issue resolved. Out of curiosity, what plan do you have?

I just have the basic $10/mo call & text plan. 

I got it just for work.