cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to call or text

cabcabsboss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You read that correct. I topped up my account and have now lost my employment due to my phone not accepting calls or texts. I think that anyone who joins from now on is an idiot. My plan is $50 a month and is the 8GB and calling anywhere in Canada and the USA with unlimited texting.

56 REPLIES 56

cabcabsboss

I spent my last nickel on getting the vouchers.

cabcabsboss

I just checked everything on my LG K4(2017). Everything is correct.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Well it better be resolved within the next day. I have too many appointments that need to be made for my wife who is a Type 1 Diabetic.

There's one other little trick that might do something.

Manually pay in another $1 from a working credit card. Restart the phone and see what happens.

Or get a $5 voucher from recharge.com and use that.

By the way...you restarted the phone after the lost/stolen thing right?

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Nothing works.

Does you phone show Public Mobile for carrier? When you go to Celluar data are the correct APN settings there?

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

cabcabsboss

Well it better be resolved within the next day. I have too many appointments that need to be made for my wife who is a Type 1 Diabetic.

@Anonymous wrote:

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Sorry kiwi. 

So prior to the Lost/Stolen attempt it hadn't taken funds from your account? No money was taken at first.

Was you account suspended? Yes it did say that it was. Does it say active now? Yes it does say that it is active now. The second reset of lost/stolen did not get my phone working.

Rats. That's been working well for this problem for a little while.

So it would seem the autopay didn't work. Rats again. Has anything changed about your credit card? Expired? Address?

You did everything right. Found it was suspended and put in money manually. It's at this point that the lost/stolen is supposed to work to kind of trigger it to go if it hasn't already.

He used vouchers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Sorry kiwi. 

So prior to the Lost/Stolen attempt it hadn't taken funds from your account? No money was taken at first.

Was you account suspended? Yes it did say that it was. Does it say active now? Yes it does say that it is active now. The second reset of lost/stolen did not get my phone working.

Rats. That's been working well for this problem for a little while.

So it would seem the autopay didn't work. Rats again. Has anything changed about your credit card? Expired? Address?

You did everything right. Found it was suspended and put in money manually. It's at this point that the lost/stolen is supposed to work to kind of trigger it to go if it hasn't already.

cabcabsboss

Nothing works.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Sorry kiwi. 

Can you confirm nothing is working? You said "Not able to call or text", does this include incoming calls and text? How about data, does it work?

cabcabsboss

Sorry kiwi. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people do a screenshot digitally in either their phone or their computer and then edit it on either.

But whatever works for you.

If you could provide a screenshot of your overview page that might be useful too.

@cabcabsboss Everything looks good there. Let us know what happens after you select found again.

You will need to give a little more information if you would like to get this resolved ASAP.

you gave me 1 "yes" for 3 questions.

cabcabsboss

1541383085940270793168.jpg

cabcabsboss

15413828508731581675146.jpg

1541382888149-513701236.jpg

1541382913245437287827.jpg

I tried a screen shot on my cell but it was fuzzy.

cabcabsboss

Yes. But I just did the lost/stolen thing again. In 10 minutes I will be trying the found thing. Been 6 minutes since I started the lost/stolen thing.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Payment history is exactly this:

November 4 2018 payment voucher of $25 added. Second payment voucher also added for a total of $50 added. $2 for friend referral. Total of $52.00. After I did the lost/stolen thing, $50 was taken for the plan. Did the found thing and my calls cannot go out or can I get calls. Same with texting.

So prior to the Lost/Stolen attempt it hadn't taken funds from your account?

Was you account suspended? Does it say active now?

cabcabsboss

Payment history is exactly this:

November 4 2018 payment voucher of $25 added. Second payment voucher also added for a total of $50 added. $2 for friend referral. Total of $52.00. After I did the lost/stolen thing, $50 was taken for the plan. Did the found thing and my calls cannot go out or can I get calls. Same with texting.

cabcabsboss

"Well...I don't know where to go with that. That frickin' sucks.

Is your self-serve saying active or suspended?

If active you can try the lost/stolen trick to get your service back. Seems to work a lot." in re to this, yes I tried that.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Nope.

Can you post a screenshot of your payment history ? Include back to when you did the top up. Also, block out any personal information.

cabcabsboss

Nope.

cabcabsboss

I can't get a contract phone due to too much debt. I own the phone. The employer and I had a verbal agreement. Nothing can be done about the employment because I am still on the probation period.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

I tried that. It didn't work for me.

Did the Lost/stolen feature work?

cabcabsboss

I tried that. It didn't work for me.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

If your employment relies on you being able to answer a phone, why are you paying for service on a prepaid service with such poor response times right now to regain service?

Why put yourself in such a situation.  Always have a backup, and make folks aware of this.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@cabcabsboss wrote:

You read that correct. I topped up my account and have now lost my employment due to my phone not accepting calls or texts. I think that anyone who joins from now on is an idiot. My plan is $50 a month and is the 8GB and calling anywhere in Canada and the USA with unlimited texting.

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Unless your employer stipulated that you were required to have and maintain a cell phone and or supplied you with a phone and plan than they can not legally fire you for not having one. 

With that being said, I believe as @Anonymous mentioned the Lost/Stolen feature probably would be the solution.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-funds-but-will-not-renew-or-re/m-p/284552#M20518

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Well...I don't know where to go with that. That frickin' sucks.

Is your self-serve saying active or suspended?

If active you can try the lost/stolen trick to get your service back. Seems to work a lot.

Need Help? Let's chat.