cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to call or text

cabcabsboss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You read that correct. I topped up my account and have now lost my employment due to my phone not accepting calls or texts. I think that anyone who joins from now on is an idiot. My plan is $50 a month and is the 8GB and calling anywhere in Canada and the USA with unlimited texting.

56 REPLIES 56

@cabcabsboss, you posted here last evening, after hours for the moderators - if you've sent your private message already the team will have it at 9:00 Eastern Time, when office hours opened this morning.

There is currently to my knowledge, a 2-3 day wait for the 1st response.  Not ideal, I know.  But it is, what it is.

cabcabsboss

Is there ANY MODERATOR working today? GEEZ! I need my phone.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Like I had said before. How can I when I spent my last nickel on getting my 2 vouchers?

Fair enough. Sorry, nothing left for me to suggest. Good luck. Would love to know what fixes this for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@cabcabsboss wrote:

And I do that how many times? I am ready to fling my cell onto the train tracks that are 1/8th of a mile from me.

Wait, wait , wait read this.

This explaing why Lost/Found isn't working. 

After the maintenace it should all work.

EDIT:Tecnically they should not have started it yet but I suspect this is the cause. Let us know tomorrow if it is working then.

Ah time zones and midnights. Wasn't this like 12:01am of this date to 10am of this date? So like hasn't it passed? Or is it still upcoming? And it's not 12:01am anywhere in Canada yet let alone ET.

Your right, it was this morning. Might have caused a unintentional glitch though....

Maybe they "fixed" the lost/stolen trick.

cabcabsboss

Like I had said before. How can I when I spent my last nickel on getting my 2 vouchers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Yeah THIS morning. Not the 5th.

But then again PM is part of the TELUS family like KOODO is.

Were you able to try adding $1 to you account like @Anonymous mentioned?

Ok call out back at you...he said this was his last bit of money or something to that effect.

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@cabcabsboss wrote:

And I do that how many times? I am ready to fling my cell onto the train tracks that are 1/8th of a mile from me.

EDIT:Tecnically they should not have started it yet but I suspect this is the cause. Let us know tomorrow if it is working then.

Ah time zones and midnights. Wasn't this like 12:01am of this date to 10am of this date? So like hasn't it passed? Or is it still upcoming? And it's not 12:01am anywhere in Canada yet let alone ET.

Your right, it was this morning. Might have caused a unintentional glitch though....

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Were you able to try adding $1 to you account like @Anonymous mentioned?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@cabcabsboss wrote:

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Your right, NVM.

cabcabsboss

@cabcabsboss wrote:

cabcabsboss

Tempted to go back to the 1980's. Home phone only. MUCH simpler times. Anyone got a time machine that I can borrow?

@cabcabsboss wrote:

LOL, Well that probably will not solve anything other than a little venting. wait an hour or so and give it a try. If not then try again tomorrow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabcabsboss wrote:

lol.

How much do you want your phone service back?

But seriously...fongo seems to be the go-to around here.

cabcabsboss

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Just put the SIM card back in the LG. Nope. Same scenario.

So now you get to enjoy the pleasure of waiting for the mods to ever get back to you.

Make sure to provide them all of your identity information up front so they can get on with your problem quicker.

In the meantime, some people have used fongo as a backup phone service. It works over wifi.

And please do give the lost/stolen another go. It is perplexing that it didn't work for you. Just as reminder...

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Seems it did not work in your other phone this is most likely account or system related. Follow the instructions above if you have not done so. Include short versions of all the different steps you tried to fix it.

cabcabsboss

I already sent a message.

cabcabsboss

@cabcabsboss

As @Anonymous mentioned, the Lost/Stolen trick as been extremely successful for these types of account issues so this is a little troubling that it is not working for you.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

My SIM does not work on my spare cell. Still says the same garbage about me not having the correct plan on my account.

Sorry, it sounds like an account issue which will require the MODs. In the meantime attempt the Lost/Stolen trick again while you wait.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabcabsboss wrote:

My SIM does not work on my spare cell. Still says the same garbage about me not having the correct plan on my account.

I guess we'll see what happens when you put it back in your LG. Let us know.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

Just did that krazykiwi.

If you have attempt any of this before the system took your payment do not rely on that outcome, try it again. 

Here is a little different sim R&R.

power off - remove sim - power on - power off - replace sim - power on

Never remove or replace sim with power on.

cabcabsboss

@cabcabsboss

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Do you have an extra phone lying around?  You can try your Public Mobile SIM card in the other phone.  This will help determine if it is a hardware issue versus Public mobile service problem.  If the other phone works with your PM SIM card, then it is an issue with the LG phone.  If it does not work, then the problem is with Public Mobile and unfortunately, you will need to wait for moderator....

cabcabsboss

Just did that krazykiwi.

Turn on airplane mode then turn it off.

@cabcabsboss wrote:

I just checked everything on my LG K4(2017). Everything is correct.

Now that it has taken the funds try

- removing and reinstalling the sim

- restart the phone 

cabcabsboss

Yes I restarted the phone after the re activation from lost/stolen.

Need Help? Let's chat.