Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a question but an FYI for those living in Charlottetown PEI

GlennK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
13 REPLIES 13

GlennK

Why would you say that?.....I'm just trying to make a point about how PM is getting more exposure via FB.

@GlennK wrote:
  • Resume Video
  • Shop Now
    PUBLICMOBILE.CA

PUBLICMOBILE.CA
$50 for 8.5GB
On Canada’s largest mobile network.

Public MobileLike Page

Get 8GB + unlimited talk & text for $50/mo. Plus, get a bonus 500 MB with AutoPay. T&C apply.

I'm not sure what you're trying to show us here.  Your message simply makes reference to regular-priced Public Mobile plans that are already advertised on the the main site.

It is good to see that customers do have more sign up options in your area.  Do you have some type of relationship with that store location?

GlennK
  • Resume Video
  • Shop Now
    PUBLICMOBILE.CA

PUBLICMOBILE.CA
$50 for 8.5GB

Get 8GB + unlimited talk & text for $50/mo. Plus, get a bonus 500 MB with AutoPay. T&C apply.

GlennK
  • Resume Video
  • Shop Now
    PUBLICMOBILE.CA

PUBLICMOBILE.CA
$50 for 8.5GB

Public MobileLike Page

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is nice that Public Mobile is branching out.  I checked to see if this place has been added to the store locator database.  So far it is not there.  

@GlennK wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1379489442213474

Your link doesn't work..or doesn't say anything...? What do you want to show us?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well, I typed Charlottetown PEI into the Find a Store SIM search box on the site, and the Device Doctors shop didn't show up. But who knows how often the store search is updated....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Come to think of it...I suppose the guy could just be stocking up on SIM's and reselling them.

Maybe some day PM will say something.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think it's really cool that Public Mobile is willing to work with smaller shops and not just the big chain stores! Just feels more personal to me - which is funny, since Public Mobile's whole model at first glance feels impersonal, because you can never speak to someone on the phone.

Then after being around the community for a bit, things feels very personal because you deal with very real people who you quickly start to recognise and not just some customer service rep that you'll never speak to again. It's just such a neat concept to me.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@GlennK wrote:

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/business/charlottetown-mobile-repair-shop-becomes-authorized-reseller-...

Hum...interessant....but authorized???? I don't understand why? I thought it was only the places on the site ....???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GlennK wrote:

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/business/charlottetown-mobile-repair-shop-becomes-authorized-reseller-...

Once again...not a peep from the company.

Thanks for letting us know.

GlennK

CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. — 

A small Charlottetown business is giving cellphone users another option when it comes to purchasing a package.

Device Doctors, a mobile phone repair shop on St. Peters Road, just signed a contract with Telus Communications Inc. to provide Public Mobile plans to customers.

Public Mobile is a Canadian, self-serve, pre-paid mobile brand which is owned by Telus. It is one of several new Canadian cellphone providers that started in 2009-10 after a federal government initiative to encourage competition in the wireless sector.

Public Mobile is also available through Walmart.

“This is a cheaper option for people that might find that they’re paying a lot more for the same thing than Public Mobile would offer,’’ said Cory Rusk, owner/operator of Device Doctors. “The only difference is that Public Mobile doesn’t carry cellphones so you bring your cellphone in and we can hook you up with a plan and the plans range anywhere from $15 up to $50 a month.’’

Rusk said the Public Mobile packages are either competitive or better than what cellphone users are getting from the big carriers like Bell, Rogers and Eastlink.

Rusk said the main reason why they looked into hooking up with Public Mobile was to help out their customers, some of whom said they were paying as much as $300 a month.

“We looked at it and wondered why? Why are they paying this much money when there is another option?

So, Rusk pushed forward to see if Public Mobile would accept going outside big box stores like Walmart so he could help out his customers.

Customers who already have cellphones can purchase SIM cards at Device Doctors. The shop also carries new and used cellphones.

Device Doctors has been helping people find a plan that’s right for them dating back to their days on Kent Street. And, the business has sold some 1,000 SIM cards.

Now, they’re an authorized reseller for Public Mobile.

“People can come in and get plans whereas they couldn’t before.’’

While the money for the plan goes to Public Mobile, Device Doctors receives a payment for every customer it signs up.

Need Help? Let's chat.