cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Noob Question (blush)

Thanks Anna,

I am coming from a world of being charged for stuff I do not use. So this is rather refreshing for me to hear. And have been burned (badly) with overages in the past.

So..... if I am in the US and run out of 'whatever', do I need to find a McDonalds (or whatnot), hop on Wifi, and refill whatever bucket is empty? Or will I be able to dial *611 from there and do what needs doing?

Thanks!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As long as your base plan is active, you can get a US Roaming add-on. It'll be good for 10 days only. I've done it from Walmart in USA...works good.

Remember...your base plan only works whilst you're in Canada. You'll need the discussed Add-on for service while in USA.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lfaber wrote:

Thanks Anna,

I am coming from a world of being charged for stuff I do not use. So this is rather refreshing for me to hear. And have been burned (badly) with overages in the past.

So..... if I am in the US and run out of 'whatever', do I need to find a McDonalds (or whatnot), hop on Wifi, and refill whatever bucket is empty? Or will I be able to dial *611 from there and do what needs doing?

Thanks!

You can try the 611..or yes you will need wifi for charging click in your self serve account and put money first  and choose an US roaming add-on like that...

US Roaming6

For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

$15
U.S. Talk Only

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Data Only

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

From $10

@lfaber

If you're in the US and the add-on runs out, yes, it's best to find a free Wi-Fi location, go onto your Self Serve account and see what option you'd like to add next.

Also please make sure that your Canadian base plan is active since the US add-on will not work without it.

Here's a link for all the info regarding our US Roaming options:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883