cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text and can't receive call

premacy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, I just sign up and ported my number, I can't receive call and text but data and calling out works. How long does it take for my account to be fully active? Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Wahajabid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi @Mary_M
I am having the same issue with my #

Lteguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Honorable mentions goes out to Mary_M and Shazia_K for addressing issues I had in my first month at PM. I just renewed my 90 day service on autopay with no service disruptions couldn't be any happier. For the future I may decide to add 200 minutes canada wide calling if I need to.

premacy
It's fixed thanks

premacy

Hi, its been couple of days aready and i still cant receive call and text. I pmed 1 of the mod and no response. Can some 1 else please take care of this issue. Thanks 

Caroline_D
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @premacy

Could you send a private message to me or @Mary_M with your account number and phone number you're trying to port in?

We'll give you an answer as soon as possible, please be patient as we are receiving a high volume of messages.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Lteguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dude just wait a few days for the porting process to complete it took me 3 days. Dont bother with private messaging the moderators either to do a re-port cause they dont respond at all.

@premacy wrote:
Ya it's already been 6 hours... Not sure if it is the porting process? When I called my number, my old SIM card seems to be getting the call and text

That means that your phone number has not been transfered to Public Mobile.  Usually it is completed within a few hours, but there are times that it has take longer.  Until the phone number transfer has been completed, you can continue to use your service from the old provider.  Double check to see if you have the account number of the old provider handy, because if you need to look into things further, you'll need to provide that to Public Mobile for them to try again.

premacy
Ya it's already been 6 hours... Not sure if it is the porting process? When I called my number, my old SIM card seems to be getting the call and text

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please wait a couple more hours and try restarting your phone as well. These things are normal right after porting. If you're still having issues after a few hours, please contact a moderator.  

Need Help? Let's chat.