cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sim after activating PM by porting number

Vincapi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

today I activated PM sim and also requested to port my number from Rogers.

my Rogers sim has no service but my PM sim shows NO SIM. 

I tried restarting ting multiple times. I tried multiple phones. Iphone 6, iPhone 8. No difference.

account shows active in self service.

appreciate your help on this

18 REPLIES 18

That's a good news for Walmart fans...Hi Hi Hi @Vincapi

Smiley Tongue

Vincapi

Today I went back to Walmart from where I bought the sim and they were kind enough to replaced with a new one and it started working.

thanks u all for your support.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vincapi since you have no number at the moment  Port competed, I would just buy a sim card. And ask for an account credit hoping for some goodwill. Even link to this thread. . If they offer you a sim it will take upto a week to arrive hence the suggestion buy now. 

@Vincapi wrote:

Yes it was active. Now it’s showing cancelled. So I believe my number is ported.

Does your Self serve account show the right sim card number? Under change sim card it should show the last 4 digits.

Vincapi

Yes it was active. Now it’s showing cancelled. So I believe my number is ported.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Was your Rogers account active when you requested the port?

@Vincapi wrote:

It’s always no sim in any phone

That is quite unusal, I suggest going to the place where you purchsed the sim and see what they may do for you while you wait for the the MODs to get back to you. If no luck with the store you may consider buying a new sim and trying to get PM to credit you the amount.

To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation.

EDIT: Please take time to come back and let us know what you needed to do to fix it. Thanks

Vincapi

I guess I replied all.

@Vincapi wrote:

Should I have to buy a new sim or will PM replace it for me?

Highly doubtful they will replace a sim without doing a lot of troubleshooting. 

There were a couple questions asked, would you have the answers?

Vincapi

It’s always no sim in any phone

Vincapi

Should I have to buy a new sim or will PM replace it for me?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Vincapi wrote:

Hi,

I tried restarting ting multiple times. I tried multiple phones. Iphone 6, iPhone 8. No difference.

With your Public Mobile sim card inserted, does your phone say "no service", or does it actually "no sim".  If it does say "no sim", that sounds to me as if the phone isn't able to read it (electrical problem).

Do you get the same notification in the other phones you tried the sim in?

You are right @computergeek541.... I am out of the track... sorry mixed up!!

@Vincapi wrote:

Hi,

With your Public Mobile sim card inserted, does your phone say "no service", or does it actually "no sim".  If it does say "no sim", that sounds to me as if the phone isn't able to read it (electrical problem).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vincapi if the sim doest work in multiple devices I would Hou buy a new sim and do a sim number change in Self-serve  

If you activated in store then I would go back to the store a. See if they can help. 

@Lieux wrote:

Hello @Vincapi

Clear cache/cookies and/or try another browser and/or incognito/private mode in about an hour and try again.

If you want you can already send a message to the moderator_team for help... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage in send to moderator_team.. and explain what happened,. Wait about 24 hours for a reply...be patient 

I think that you probaly misunderstood the original message.  The account already shows as active. There is nothing to refresh in the web browser that can fix this.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Vincapi If you are under Bell or Rogers brand then you will be able to port your # straight away by entering your old provider account #.

If that doesn't work then you have to send private message by clicking this link @CS_Agent & then Moderator will get back to you.

*** Please not: I am not Moderator ***

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @Vincapi

Clear cache/cookies and/or try another browser and/or incognito/private mode in about an hour and try again.

If you want you can already send a message to the moderator_team for help... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage in send to moderator_team.. and explain what happened,. Wait about 24 hours for a reply...be patient 

Need Help? Let's chat.