cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No sim after activating PM by porting number

Hi,

today I activated PM sim and also requested to port my number from Rogers.

 

my Rogers sim has no service but my PM sim shows NO SIM. 

 

I tried restarting ting multiple times. I tried multiple phones. Iphone 6, iPhone 8. No difference.

 

account shows active in self service.

 

appreciate your help on this

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number

Hello @Vincapi

Clear cache/cookies and/or try another browser and/or incognito/private mode in about an hour and try again.

 If you want you can already send a message to the moderator_team for help... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage in send to moderator_team.. and explain what happened,. Wait about 24 hours for a reply...be patient 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number

@Vincapi If you are under Bell or Rogers brand then you will be able to port your # straight away by entering your old provider account #.

 

If that doesn't work then you have to send private message by clicking this link @Moderator_Team & then Moderator will get back to you.

 

*** Please not: I am not Moderator ***

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number


@Lieux wrote:

Hello @Vincapi

Clear cache/cookies and/or try another browser and/or incognito/private mode in about an hour and try again.

 If you want you can already send a message to the moderator_team for help... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage in send to moderator_team.. and explain what happened,. Wait about 24 hours for a reply...be patient 


I think that you probaly misunderstood the original message.  The account already shows as active. There is nothing to refresh in the web browser that can fix this.

Oracle

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number

@Vincapi if the sim doest work in multiple devices I would Hou buy a new sim and do a sim number change in Self-serve  

 

If you activated in store then I would go back to the store a. See if they can help. 

 

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number


@Vincapi wrote:

Hi,

today I activated PM sim and also requested to port my number from Rogers.

 

my Rogers sim has no service but my PM sim shows NO SIM. 

 

I tried restarting ting multiple times. I tried multiple phones. Iphone 6, iPhone 8. No difference.

 

account shows active in self service.

 

appreciate your help on this


With your Public Mobile sim card inserted, does your phone say "no service", or does it actually "no sim".  If it does say "no sim", that sounds to me as if the phone isn't able to read it (electrical problem).

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number

You are right @computergeek541.... I am out of the track... sorry mixed up!!

Mayor / Maire

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number


@computergeek541 wrote:

@Vincapi wrote:

Hi,

today I activated PM sim and also requested to port my number from Rogers.

 

my Rogers sim has no service but my PM sim shows NO SIM. 

 

I tried restarting ting multiple times. I tried multiple phones. Iphone 6, iPhone 8. No difference.

 

account shows active in self service.

 

appreciate your help on this


With your Public Mobile sim card inserted, does your phone say "no service", or does it actually "no sim".  If it does say "no sim", that sounds to me as if the phone isn't able to read it (electrical problem).


Do you get the same notification in the other phones you tried the sim in?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number

Should I have to buy a new sim or will PM replace it for me?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: No sim after activating PM by porting number

It’s always no sim in any phone