cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Mel3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve purchase a public mobile SIM card. The activation is completed and active but no service. I contacted the previous service provider and got confirmation that the cell is unlocked. Does someone know what is causing this problem? I’ve tried putting another active public mobile SIM card in this cell phone and it was working. Seems to be the card itself. I would appreciate feedback on this. 

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To me it sounds like the device in question may not be compatible with this network, if it works in another phone.

edit: never mind saw that the original poster had another pm sim in his device, but still seems like there could be an issue with the phones sim tray, I'd check to see if it's clean and reboot the device as suggested.

Mel3

Thank you

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Mel3 wrote:

Thank you for your response but I can’t connect with the Mederator Team...it brings me to a screen saying WHOOPS!

Private message them at link below

CLICK HERE 

@Mel3 

Mel3

Thank you for your response but I can’t connect with the Mederator Team...it brings me to a screen saying WHOOPS!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try swapping your new sim and test it in another phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mel3  try a soft restart turn you phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart your phone. I'm going to say that your SIM has not provisioned correctly.  Contact a moderator and ask them to reset it. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Mel3 wrote:

I’ve purchase a public mobile SIM card. The activation is completed and active but no service. I contacted the previous service provider and got confirmation that the cell is unlocked. Does someone know what is causing this problem? I’ve tried putting another active public mobile SIM card in this cell phone and it was working. Seems to be the card itself. I would appreciate feedback on this. 

Thank you

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Mel3 If your phone is unlocked, it should work as long as activation gone through correctly. There are a few people reported having the same issue, so there is a chance something is wrong with the activation process. Please send a ticket to the mod team. Start a conversation with Simon (chat bot) by clicking HERE to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Be sure to provide as much details as possible so the bot can enter all the info needed to open a ticket.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mel3 wrote:

Thank you

Do a quick test by restarting your phoine with the new SIM card inserted.

Need Help? Let's chat.