cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service??????????

Parkbench13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So it's May 25, 2019 today. My self serve says I must make my monthly payment by 11:59 on May 26, 2019 to continue service BUT MY SERVICE HAS ALREADY BEEN CUT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like your computers are in a time zone that far ahead. Yet another disappointing issue using this provider. Now I guess I have to wait three days to hear from a moderator like I did the last time I had an issue. 

(title edited by comptuergeek541 as per community guidelines)

19 REPLIES 19

@tdent145 wrote:

If you don't have the auto pay then it always takes a few business days sadly for a payment to process through with most bills of any kind. So if you're due date is on the 25 each month think of paying it on 22-23 to give it a extra couple days to process. Online is quicker then paying through a bank. Bank can take a week sometimes I seen with certain bills

You do not need AutoPay to have your plan renew.  As long as money is in the account before the time listed on the payment date, it will normally renew.  I don’t know why there are so many failures right now.

I suggest getting the funds in place before the final day of the renewal, so that nothing goes wrong.

tdent145

If you don't have the auto pay then it always takes a few business days sadly for a payment to process through with most bills of any kind. So if you're due date is on the 25 each month think of paying it on 22-23 to give it a extra couple days to process. Online is quicker then paying through a bank. Bank can take a week sometimes I seen with certain bills

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's the thing - we all love the cheaper prices when the service is running as expected. But if there's a hiccup along the way, then we want things solved right away. One way to (potentially) solve the issue is to switch providers. Another way is to be patient and hope for the best.

The cheaper plans are cheaper for a reason. I don't expect the same level of service here that I would somewhere else if I was paying three times as much. You really just have to ask yourself: what would you rather have - cheaper phone bills or faster access to help should it be needed?

Another thing to remember is that Public Mobile isn't the only provider that's going to have issues. Before switching over, my dad and I were both on Lucky Mobile. Things were going great for around a year, but then we both ended up with problems, that despite talking to live support agents were never fixed, even though we were constantly being reassured that they were 'working on it'.

We got sick of waiting for the things we were paying for to actually work, so we shopped around and found that on Public Mobile, we could get a slightly better plan for even less than we were already paying. It took us a few days before we had time to switch over, but even by then, neither of our Lucky Mobile accounts had been properly fixed.

We both switched to Public Mobile and within minutes, everything was working perfectly.

@dawnetripodi wrote:

Day 5, still no service.  I've received one email stating is was a 'glitch' and they escalated. I don't think I'll be renewing when my current plan is up.  I didn't realize how important speaking to live support is. 

@dawnetripodi  5 days is a long time but if it's a system glitch not sure if a live person would make a difference. I wish PM would implement a system were they would keep the customer in the loop with regular status updates until the problem is resolved for special cases like yours. In any event, from my experience it's a good strategy to send a follow-up message every 48 hours if you don't hear back from the moderators.

dawnetripodi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Day 5, still no service.  I've received one email stating is was a 'glitch' and they escalated. I don't think I'll be renewing when my current plan is up.  I didn't realize how important speaking to live support is. 

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This type of stuff is not acceptable.... I hope you get sorted out soon.

Can't imagine going with out cell service for hours let alone days.

dawnetripodi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The exact same thing has happened to me.  I signed up for a 90 day plan on April 26, and my service was suspended on May 23rd.  I'm on autopay, and they still cut me off.  

I received an email from the moderator almost a day ago asking me to verify my account.  I did that.  I haven't heard a peep, and haven't had service since the 23rd.  It's now the 25th.  I'm actually looking for another provider as we speak.  

Parkbench13

Actually, the month I just paid for today will be my second month as a PM customer. I thoroughly went through renewal proceedures and am well within my right to add money at any point prior to the cut off date. I did have a positive balance prior to top up and by my calender and PM's reminder, I still had well over 24hrs of what should have been uninterrupted service. I'm not whining about lost work or revenue. I'm complaining about the fact that I was mislead by PM and was caught off guard by PM cutting off my service while still under legal binding contract. That, in my mind is wrong business practice. Especially when said company does not take the time to educate their customers properly and fairly in regards to renewal proceedures. It was my hope that by addressing the situation I faced, perhaps PM would take the initiative to rectify their available information so it becomes completely transparent and simple to understand. Secondly, I had hoped to enlighten other PM customers as to a situation they very well may face themselves. Im sure I'm not the first to encounter this issue. That being said, I would think that a reputable company would address and rectify this issue promptly to avoid any future conflicts. But that's just me. The small end user.  Nobody important.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RossN wrote:

Is this how people help by telling them to go somewhere else? wow

Unfortunately PM does have a lot of shortcomings for people who rely only on their their cell phone for work, family or friends.  I wouldn't recommend PM to anyone who really needed their phone to be always connected or at least needed to be able to get a timely fix to service disruptions. 

Having said that,  I will note that I haven't experienced any major account issues myself,(touchwood), but I also don't quite get why there seems to be these reocurring glitches at renewal/change of plan, or when new plans are introduced.  However, it's probably the reason why the service is 'relatively' cheap compared to some of the competition.

I don't disagree with most of what you are saying I didn't mean to push your buttons you do alot good work around here, have a great day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

You can justify it all you want, maybe the "old guard" should step back a little ,but hey we all have an opinion dont't we.

It's not justifying...it's reality. We get people coming in here screaming that they can't call their kid or their doctor or they lost a job opportunity or lost business due to some problem of no fault of their own.

Sure, they don't have an alternative communication method...just the one cell phone. Maybe they don't have their own wifi at home. Not everyone wishes to spend money on multiple connectivity methods.

I ask people if they've been here for a while to gain some perspective. Gee...you've had service running perfectly fine for many months on end (or years) without issue and now something has happened and suddenly the sky is falling and it's the end of the world.

You can justify it all you want, maybe the "old guard" should step back a little ,but hey we all have an opinion dont't we.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

It IS a form of help. We all know there are often issues around here. If people would lose income or business or work or contact with family or not able to call for medical attention using this service then it's not the right fit for them. If they can live with the possibility of no service for upwards to a couple days (hopefully only) then fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Parkbench13 wrote:

Regardless of your suggestion (I have already made a payment and had my service restored) it is horrible basic business and WRONG on so many levels to inform a customer of service/payment details and then not abide by them. If it's a "banking" issue dependant on calender days vs banking days then take the initiative as a business and CLEARLY adjust accordingly. I personally operate a business dependant on my phone and am appalled and disappointed with the misleading and false information provided to me by PublicMobile.

How long have you been with Public Mobile?

If just a month or two then yes as above from popping.

If a while then how often have you had a problem with this service? If little to none then do you really think you need to set your hair on fire over this one incident? If you've had a bunch of problems in the last couple months then you're not alone. Again...as above from popping.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Parkbench13 wrote:

Regardless of your suggestion (I have already made a payment and had my service restored) it is horrible basic business and WRONG on so many levels to inform a customer of service/payment details and then not abide by them. If it's a "banking" issue dependant on calender days vs banking days then take the initiative as a business and CLEARLY adjust accordingly. I personally operate a business dependant on my phone and am appalled and disappointed with the misleading and false information provided to me by PublicMobile.

Agree with what you said.  SInce you are running a business with your phone, take the next 30 days to look for another provider.  Don't leave to the last day as your plan must be active in order to port out your number.

Parkbench13

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Won't it start working if you add money now?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Parkbench13 wrote:

So it's May 25, 2019 today. My self serve says I must make my monthly payment by 11:59 on May 26, 2019 to continue service BUT MY SERVICE HAS ALREADY BEEN CUT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like your computers are in a time zone that far ahead. Yet another disappointing issue using this provider. Now I guess I have to wait three days to hear from a moderator like I did the last time I had an issue. 

It's always better to put the money of your plan few days before the renewal date...You can put now the money you need to reactivate your service and it would be ok. If you still have trouble you can come back here or you can write a private message to the moderator here for help..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and yes...wait few hours to 2 days usually...

Need Help? Let's chat.