cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

toroser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched to Public mobile. I was in trouble since day first. I paid 177 dollars for 90 days.  I had no service for the first 48 hours, Now after two weeks Public mobile de-activated my service and a moderator advised me to buy a new SIM. I didnt asked for de-activation but I have to go to walmart, buy a new SIM, spend a few hours again on computer texting moderator for to activate a new SIM.

Unfortunatley it is my fault, I signed up with company where they have no live person to resolve my issues. I wish I can get my money back, say sorry and switch back to Koodo

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JUAN7 could you maybe be a little more specific?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JUAN7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having a problem refreshing my plan 

@mpcdesign wrote:

I was just reading your post. I had an issue when I first started with Public Mobile, but I found my answer by finding that I did not set my phone correctly. I started on the cheap plan of $126 for 3 months. 

Try this out.

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1: 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Windows

Windows 8 Step 1 Settings > cellular > Add or Edit internet APN 

iPhone

Click here

Then use the steps as is:

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

Thanks 

@mpcdesign, the APN settings affect data functionality.  OP's issues are different. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I was just reading your post. I had an issue when I first started with Public Mobile, but I found my answer by finding that I did not set my phone correctly. I started on the cheap plan of $126 for 3 months. 

Try this out.

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1: 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Windows

Windows 8 Step 1 Settings > cellular > Add or Edit internet APN 

iPhone

Click here

Then use the steps as is:

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

Thanks 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This just doesn't sound right.  Why would there be a restriction on how many devices the SIM card is used on?  I am sure there is a logical explanation for what happened.  It would be nice if someone from the Public Mobile end clarify if there are such limitations. 

@toroser, if the deactivation was through no fault of yours, I am sure that you can work something out with the moderator team to be reimbursed for the new SIM purchase and any lost service time.  They are very fair.

This service is not the panacea.  There are issues with the service, it is not for everyone.  However, the lack of a call centre is not one of the problems. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@toroser,

Sorry to hear about your issue. I hope you get your service up and running soon. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Dear @CS_Agent

Please clarify regarding the precise reason for deactivating @toroser's account.  Is there a restriction in place about how many devices we can place our sim card in?  I have never heard of anything like this before so I would like to know for future reference.   

toroser

(1) Thank you for your reply in regards to your service issue toroser.   That being said, after having verified in our systems, I can confirm that unfortunately your SIM card has been deactivated on 2017-10-15 and I sincerely apologize for it.   Now, please click on the following link to see which Walmart store sells Public Mobile SIM cards nearby : https://www.walmart.ca/en/store-finder   You may also see which WOW! Mobile

(2 )Thank you for your reply in regards to your service issues.   That being said, after having verified in our systems, I can confirm that your SIM card has been associated to 3 different devices in the past month : first it was associated to device with IMEI 3-------------, then 8-------------, and then ------------.   Now, after having verified in our systems, I can confirm as well that there is no technical.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello toroser,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I am sorry to hear that you do not have service yet since you have been subscribed with us.

In order to better assist you, please send us a private message.

For more information about how to use the Community service, please refer to this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-our-Support-structure/m-p/16....

I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Abdoulaye

toroser

Yes moderator is saying that Public mobile has de-activated your service becuase you used your sim on three different devices ? isnt that funny answer

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So is the mod saying your account has been deactivated because you have used your Sim in 3 devices, or saying the Sim may be defective due to switching between devices?

toroser

I sent  private messages to Moderator. He/She is advising me to buy a new SIM. Why should I buy a new sim? I didnt asked for de-activation. Moderator is telling me that you have used your sim on three different device in one month. It is my choice which device to use, public mobile  should not restrict me to one device.

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For activating your SIM, you don't have to message the mods; just go to my account > plan and add on > change SIM. As for wanting to switch back to Koodo, being pre paid you likely won't be able to get your money back, but you could try asking the mods for a refund. If they are able to do a refund be sure to transfer your number over before your account is terminated, or ask the mods how long your number is good to transfer over after your account is deactivated.

Also sorry you had a bad experience setting up your account. Public Mobile is pretty good though once you get started.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I understandd that you are furious, but you have to understand that public mobbile offers such cheap services because they cut down on customer service and other things related. it is weird that your account is being messed up but i assure you, once the moderators help it should be a breeze . @CS_Agent and it looks like this can only be fixed by the moderators. just send them a direct message with your phone number and account number for security reasons and they will help you. wish you the best. 

Need Help? Let's chat.