cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

dkim823
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been on PM for a few months with no issues, but since Sunday I've had no service. Got a response from the mod on Tuesday saying that I need a new sim and was credited $10. So I went out and bought a new sim, changed it in my account... and still no service. Not an issue with my phone as I've tried others PM sims in it and it works fine. Tried the sim in other phones and still not working. No follow up from the mod. Time to change providers or have others encountered a similar situation that was able to be resolved?

4 REPLIES 4

dkim823
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got a response back from mod. Had to be escalated to tech team.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dkim823 wrote:

I've been on PM for a few months with no issues, but since Sunday I've had no service. Got a response from the mod on Tuesday saying that I need a new sim and was credited $10. So I went out and bought a new sim, changed it in my account... and still no service. Not an issue with my phone as I've tried others PM sims in it and it works fine. Tried the sim in other phones and still not working. No follow up from the mod. Time to change providers or have others encountered a similar situation that was able to be resolved?

@dkim823  If the Lost/Found reset doesn't work then you need to let the moderator know by sending a message that you did the sim swap and it still isn't working. You should include the new sim number the message to speed things up.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you tired to change your sim in self serve account and aslo try the lost phone trick. ?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dkim823 

Moderator wait times are 1-2 days unfortunately.  

Is your account status active or suspended?  You might still need to wait for moderator response unfortunately.  

You could try a couple of tricks that might help reset your plan to get it going:

1.  Stolen/lost phone trick has been used many times by customers to reset/restart their plan.  It does no harm to your phone or plan.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

2. . Manually load $1 to your account. This also sometimes resets your account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.