cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls- activated 10 days ago

Change
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined public mobile the week before last.

I finally realized my phone isn't taking incoming calls.  They don't show as missed calls. They go straight to my PM voicemail. 

• i can place calls, and data works too.
  • texting works fine.
  • i did set up my voicemail. 
  • I've rebooted my phone (iPhone 5s) and it is not in do-not-disturb, or silent, or block calls.

help?

4 REPLIES 4

Change

I now get incoming calls, thank you.

A bit of constructive criticism regarding my experience: I am positive Public Mobile has some way to tell if a port has has failed. 

In my particular case, this can't have been an account number typo on my part. After all, calls to my ported number DID ARRIVE at my Public Mobile voicemail between January 13 and January 24... I'd thought the lack of ringing was just a low-signal problem (basement office) until the 24th.

Since most new customers do want to receive incoming calls, why wouldn't PubMob use an automated test to make sure the number was successfully transferred?  If the customer has mistyped their old provider's account number, PubMob could tell the customer (via automatic text) within a day I bet.

OTOH, I am saving 50% off my old cell bill... Cat Very Happy

Solution: send a MOD the following via private message:

- Phone number that you're trying to port

- Account number with your old service provider

- Public Mobile SIM card number or account number

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @Change!

This sounds like your port didn't complete successfully 😕 

But don't worry! I will look into this for you! Could you send me this info via private message?

- Phone number that you're trying to port

- Account number with your old service provider

- Public Mobile SIM card number or account number

Thank you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Change

Yes, I requested that my number be ported.  The port was successful in some ways- my number shows in the caller ID when I call someone, and I receive text messages fine too.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Did you port in your number? 

Need Help? Let's chat.