cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming call or texts and people without iphone don't receive my texts

audrey15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I activated my phone with public mobile this morning. I was previously with Virgin mobile. I was receiving texts and sending texts without problems right after my activatiin and then this afternoon I couldn't receive any calls, people calling said it was going to my old voicemail. I also coudn't receive certain texts, seems to be from people who doesn't have Iphones (I have a iphone). And people din't receive my texts either. 

Now I am stuck with a phone that doesnt really work and I need it for work tomorrow! Somebody knows what's going on?

Please help, thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4

audrey15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

its been resolved by the moderation team. It was a porting problem, and now everything seems to work! thank you!

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like a porting issue for sure.... 

Have you tried to text anyone on the Telus network?

@audrey15 wrote:

Hi,

I activated my phone with public mobile this morning. I was previously with Virgin mobile. I was receiving texts and sending texts without problems right after my activatiin and then this afternoon I couldn't receive any calls, people calling said it was going to my old voicemail. I also coudn't receive certain texts, seems to be from people who doesn't have Iphones (I have a iphone). And people din't receive my texts either. 

Now I am stuck with a phone that doesnt really work and I need it for work tomorrow! Somebody knows what's going on?

Please help, thank you!!

I am suspecting that the outgoing text mesage issue may be related to iMessage settings.

Incoming calls going to your old carrier's voicemail as well as incoming texts means that your phone nubmer has not been ported.

Conitniue using your Virgin Mobile service if you don't want to miss those calls and messages. 

Since you made the request multiple hours ago, I would assume the number transfer request has failed.  I would double check your Virgin Mobile account number, and then provide that to Public Mobile's moderators using the instructions from earlier.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@audrey15 wrote:

Hi,

Please help, thank you!!

@audrey15Usually porting takes time, but its odd that they didn't receive your text, since that part should be instant. Stick in your old sim card, is it still working, if so keep using it till it stops working. Log into your self serve, does your account show active?

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port / plan features not properly added but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT) and its usually within 48 hours, lately much faster.

Need Help? Let's chat.