cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No help from Moderators after repeated messages

abig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have trying to get help for my data plan which has mysteriously stopped working. I have sent several messages to the Moderator team but no one has responded to help. I am stuck with no data and there is no way to get help from Public Mobile as there is no customer service number where i can call for help. Is that a new service standard for Public Mobile customers to be stuck without help for weeks? I have been with PM for last 5 years and never had this issue. Anyone else experiencing the same issue and had any thoughts on how to get technical help from Public Mobile?

11 REPLIES 11

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you usually have these problems you can get a response from a moderator in 3-4 days, that is how long it took me to get a response due how busy mods were at that time. Sending a private message to them more than one time is Also a reason why your not getting a response quick enough. I hope this somewhat helps you out. 

@Anonymous, you are correct, the Legacy and Pioneer still on their orignal plans.  If they’ve have switched to newer promo, or in-market plans, they must use the Community Forum, and by extension, the private messaging to the Moderator_Team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abig, if you have been with PM for 5 years, you might still have access to the call center, if you are on a legacy plan (from before Feb 2015 - I think).  if so, you should be able to use the 611 service for support.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@abig are you able to post your payment history for the last renewal?

No data add-on showing means that there was no data added on renewal or that it was all used up.  

abig

Unfortunately, I have been waiting since last Sunday for a response. Slowing them down? I sent a reminder today which is beyond their 72 hour TAT.

abig

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I have looked at all settings and my data usage has not exceeded the limit. That is the first thing that came to mind. But there has been only 1.5 MB of usage since last cycle. The strage thing was that data add-on does not even show under the self-serve account even though it shows under my plan details. I have another Public Mobile number and data is working perfectly fine on that number. I have been waiting since last Sunday when I sent my first message which I beleive is clearly more than 72 hours so I believe I have not contributed to their headaches.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@abig wrote:

I have trying to get help for my data plan which has mysteriously stopped working. I have sent several messages to the Moderator team but no one has responded to help. I am stuck with no data and there is no way to get help from Public Mobile as there is no customer service number where i can call for help. Is that a new service standard for Public Mobile customers to be stuck without help for weeks? I have been with PM for last 5 years and never had this issue. Anyone else experiencing the same issue and had any thoughts on how to get technical help from Public Mobile?

Unless this is a phone problem then you are somewhat stuck waiting for a moderator response.

Others have posted some things to try - see if those help. Definitely make sure your mobile data is actually enabled on your phone. What does it say in Self-Serve?

If you've been with PM (and have the same plan) for five years don't you have access to their call centre as a legacy customer?

1-855-4PUBLIC

I'm really out of the loop on any changes to that in the last while so I could be wrong.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@abig, having no customer service contact number is nothing new to PM.  Considering you've been with PM for 5 years I'd think you would have known that PM does not have a call centre or an actual customer support phone number.  Definitely if you sent a message to the MODS more than 3 days ago without a response I'd agree that that is far too long and not acceptable.  Generally the response times from MODS is 24 - 72 hours.  Recommend double check your My Account to ensure you didn't reach your usage limit.  Other than that you can only wait for the MODS. Sending multiple messages won't do anything because they work on a first come first serve basis, so your first message to them is what they will come across first once they've gone through all the others that came before yours.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@abig, I don't know specifically the turnaround time today.  In recent times, the moderator team has been extraordinarily busy with response time in the order of 48 hours.  Multiple messages for the same issue simply slows down the process further. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@abig

1.  What did you tried to troubleshot your no data problem?

2.  Check your APN setting? https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

3.  Re-insert SIM card and restart you phone.

4.  Which phone are you using?

5.  Try your SIM card with another phone from your friends or family member.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abig wrote:

Have you consumed all your data?

Check in the self-serve My Account.

Maybe we can help you here if it's not account specific.

Need Help? Let's chat.