cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

Lorraine11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm paying for data I can't seem to get . My husband and I both purchased the 25 dollar plan over a week ago and checked both of are phones before to see if they were compatible and they were. Not sure where to go from here ,tried chatbot and checked everything they told me to try . .....I'm lost !

12 REPLIES 12

Lorraine11

Thank you so much everyone !   We have data now ,couldn't of done without you guys !  

@Lorraine11  have been advised to tell you to to leave the last two settings, that refer to MVNO blank.  Thanks @CFPartDeux .

@Lorraine11 try that. If it fails. Do a network reset and restart your phone.  Samsungs usually fetch their own data settings. Enable data and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet.  Stay safe. 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  2. Navigate: Settings. > General management > Reset.
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Review the info then tap Reset settings. If presented, enter the current PIN, password, or pattern.
  5. Tap Reset.
  6. Restart your phone if it doesn't automatically. . Turn it off wait 30 seconds and restart it. 

@Lorraine11 

here is a quick 1 min video on how to change your APN on an Samsung galaxy S3. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Is6vBoD32ug

BTW I used to have that phone and loved it when I had it! 😸

Lorraine11

My phone is a samsung galaxy 3

@Lorraine11 wrote:

Okay ,I edit my excess point ,but I can't see where it says save.

Depending on your phone's software version, some will have a sepearate menu that you can choose save from, while on others, you would simply press the back button.

@Lorraine11 

For some phones it is just a simple check mark in the top right or bottom of the page. 

see picture:

Screenshot_20200617_184511.jpg

Lorraine11

Okay ,I edit my excess point ,but I can't see where it says save.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lorraine11 wrote:

I'm paying for data I can't seem to get . My husband and I both purchased the 25 dollar plan over a week ago and checked both of are phones before to see if they were compatible and they were. Not sure where to go from here ,tried chatbot and checked everything they told me to try . .....I'm lost !

@Lorraine11  When data is not working it means that you don't have the correct APN settings. If you have newer iPhones the APN setting get automatically set. If you have LG G series phones then you need to do a network reset before data works. For any other Android phones your APN settings should be as follows:

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:
  • Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings
2) Input this info:3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Lorraine11 when was the last time you restarted your phones? 

@Lorraine11 wrote:

I'm going to assume that phone calls and text mesasging is working.

Since you've both just became customers, this is most like a device settings issue, specifically APN settings.

Here's a good place to start:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Lorraine11  whats the make and models of your phones? Thanks. Also, log into your self service accounts and see if you have data. It should look like this xxx/ xxxx at 3g speed. See below. If it isnt there, then its done 20200419_140531.jpg

If there is , there may be a problem with the  APN settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.