cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

TerryPeth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iPhone 6+, with ios12.1.

I’ve turned wifi off, made sure the apn setting is sp.mb.com and made sure data and LTE are on and do not have data.

I put the SIM card in my other iPhone 6 and still did not have any data.  I put the sim card from my iPhone 6 (which has data with PM) into the iPhone 6+ and there is data. 

This leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the network.

My plan should have data, although I can’t confirm that because I’m unable to view the plan details.  An error message comes back saying:

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

Any help to get data working on my iPhone 6+ would appreciated. 

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kameshwarasekar- most of the time, if your data is not working, and you have data in your plan, it is due to incorrect APN settings.  Some phones will automatically configure the APN settings for the Public Mobile network, and others won't.  You can check the following topic for more info about configuring your APN settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

In order for more people to provide better and faster answer...you should start a new thread. You'll get better response that way. Try to provide as much info on your account as possible. Better still...provide a screen shot of your plan details like "My Data & Add-ons".

kameshwarasekar

I just got my plan changed. I am able to use the calling function but I am not able to use the data service that is mentioned in my plan. When I turn on my data in my mobile it goes to sign into network and then it comes like the data can't be used. What should I do?

As you're on iPhones, if you haven't already, a good thing to turn off is the option for WiFi-Assist.  It should be called Cell Data Assist, as it helps a weak WiFi signal, using your Cell data.

This might clamp down on possible data usage leakage for you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TerryPeth wrote:

That's it!  There is no data left in this cycle.

Thanks for your help. 

@TerryPeth definitely the most common source of "hey my data stopped working, what the heck?" type of questions we see here in the community.  You're in good company for not realizing it, since it's completely uninuitive that your usage amount disappears from the Overview page once consumed.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TerryPeth

That's it!  There is no data left in this cycle.

Thanks for your help. 

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

@TerryPeth wrote:
So you would assume there is something wrong with the account. 

No you wouldn't. If you've used all your data then it disappears from the overview.

Please post a screen shot of your overview.screen without your name, phone number,email addres or account number etc.  We will take a look.

When was you last renwal date?

When did you found out that you did not have data connection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TerryPeth wrote:
So you would assume there is something wrong with the account. 

No you wouldn't. If you've used all your data then it disappears from the overview.

TerryPeth

APN sp.mb.com

Username <blank>

Password <blank>

Network carrier Public Mobile 34

Have reset network multiple times 

I have 2 iPhones, a 6 and a 6+, 2 different PM plans.  The plan for the 6+ has no data and it should have 1 gig based on the plan details.  The 6 has data as it should. When I swap sim cards and put the 6+ card into the 6 still no data. And the 6 card into the 6+ there is data.  So you would assume there is something wrong with the account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TerryPeth wrote:

Everything seems to be in order on my self serve account.  Although I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for.

Can you see the plan details now? Does it show that you do have data? Have you possibly used all of your data? If you don't see it further down on the overview page then maybe you used it all.

TerryPeth

Everything seems to be in order on my self serve account.  Although I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TerryPeth, in the troubleshooting I would start by looking into the self serve account.  As trivial as this may be, if there is something not right in there so the APN settings changes won't do a thing.  

mimmo

Need Help? Let's chat.