cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data service

Sosumlau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From 28th to yesterday, I just have used 2.7GB data( it is a 30-day,4.5GB), then suddenly no data service!

10 REPLIES 10

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sosumlau If you tried everything & nothing worked out for you then you should send a Private message to MOD by clicking on this link @CS_Agent they will get back to you 

**** Please note: I am not a Moderator ****

@Sosumlau wrote:

It can talk n text.

The signal bar of the phone shows LTE.

I have checked both my phone data usage and Public Mobile my account data usage,it shows I only run out approx.2.7GB.

If there is data remaining in the overview tab, plan and add-on box but data does not work, try doing the lost phone/found phone toggle.  Reboot the phone when doing the toggle.  See if that clears up the problem. 

@Sosumlau, on your device, have you set a data-limit for your monthly plan?  If you're not using a 30-day monitor or resetting your start date each cycle, you may have hit your limit using a lot of data at the end of your previous cycle, and the start of your current cycle.

If you haven't received the 75% or 95% warning SMS messages yet, it can only be an issue with your device.

You can write a message to the moderator here....https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage and write moderator_team in send to... explain what happened.. it could be few hours upto 2 days for a reply... during this time try what the other customers propose to you... patience there is a solution somewhere...Smiley Frustrated

If you can, try your SIM card in another phone and see if the data works. If it works on a different phone but still doesn't work on yours, back up the files you want to keep on your phone and do a factory reset.

Sosumlau

Thank you for your helping, I did many ways as you said, also set APN, but it still doesn't work

Try turning airplane mode on, wait 30 seconds, reboot your phone, then turn airplane mode off.

If nothing else works you may need to do a factory reset on your phone (backup your data first).

Sosumlau

It can talk n text.

The signal bar of the phone shows LTE.

I have checked both my phone data usage and Public Mobile my account data usage,it shows I only run out approx.2.7GB.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Sosumlau wrote:

From 28th to yesterday, I just have used 2.7GB data( it is a 30-day,4.5GB), then suddenly no data service!

@SosumlauIf you confirmed thre is still data left in your plan as @Alex888 suggested (in self serve, not your phone usage) Go into network settings and make sure "mobile data" is enabled. Restart your phone. Try turning air plane mode ON then OFF. Do you have another phone to try your sim card in to see if data is working? Have you tried data on more than 1 app, have you confirmed you have no local data restrictions / firewall settings? Go into mobile data usage under settings and make sure you have not used your local "data limit" and there are no network restrictions

Go into network search and try reconnecting to the network and make sure LTE is set to preferred (even if you have 3g) If was already on LTE, then try switching to 3G, did it help? No? Then go back to LTE. 

Does MMS work? (Not SMS) MMS uses data. Try sending a picture to yourself. Did you get it?

The most likely cause is the APN. You need to configure (Or re-configure even if you have already configured before) your APN settings to be able to send pictures (MMS) and navigate on internet (DATA). Your "Mobile Data" needs to be activated.

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

Name: Public Mobile / Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network. 

Let us know the result of your tests / changes

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Does talk and text still work?

Check your account, does it still show data on the main page? If not then it means you used your data for the month.

Need Help? Let's chat.