cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No data on phone

So I activated and ported in my number today on the new $120 plan.  I put the SIM into my phone after the online activation was complete, and had no issues accessing the net over LTE.  However, when I got a SMS saying that my port was complete, I rebooted my phone, and I could no longer access the internet.  I tried deleting the automatically setup APN, and creating a new one according to the settings posted here, but no luck.  I also put the SIM into another phone, which said "H" (for HSPA I'm assuming), but I could not actually access anything.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: No data on phone

Hi @cingkrab

I have a similar issue as you before. I reset the network setting, and it works properly. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

try to delete old setting and add new setting again. and always try to turn off the phone and turn on again .each phone type setting is different than others 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As well as what was said previously, sometimes toggling airplane mode off and on helps the phone reconnect to the data network.

@nishufan can you let me know what you did?

As mentioned in my original post, I've already deleted the original APN and readded it (as well as double checking the settings). I've also rebooted and power cycled my phone several times, but no luck. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cingkrab

I'm using iPhone SE. Here is what I did.

Go to Settings → General → Reset → Reset Network Settings

@nishufan OK I tried that on my Android, no dice.  I also tried "reset to default" in the APN screen since the original settings worked, still can't connect.  Very strange... and I'm totally out of ideas at this point.

Mayor / Maire

I hope this isn't the case @cingkrab but maybe your SIM card is defective? I'm thinking no, only because you were already able to connect. You'll probably need the help of one of the moderators. I see that @Mary_M is online.

I wonder also, if you may need to manually enter your APN settings. If you search the Community, users have already posted this information for Android phones. I use iOS so I'll be no help to you in that regard.

I've tried deleting the old APN, reentering the APN, then resetting the APN to default.  No luck.

The *#*#4636#*#* menu shows that data services are "connecting", but it never actually connects, if that helps for anyone.

Contacted @Mary_M, still awaiting reply.  As stated above, manually entering APN/resetting APN did not work.  If my sim is defective there is nothing I can do, but I can make outgoing calls, so it is still connected to the Public Mobile network, it is just not letting me connect to data for some reason.