cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on phone

cingkrab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I activated and ported in my number today on the new $120 plan.  I put the SIM into my phone after the online activation was complete, and had no issues accessing the net over LTE.  However, when I got a SMS saying that my port was complete, I rebooted my phone, and I could no longer access the internet.  I tried deleting the automatically setup APN, and creating a new one according to the settings posted here, but no luck.  I also put the SIM into another phone, which said "H" (for HSPA I'm assuming), but I could not actually access anything.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cingkrab sounds like an OS bug?  I'm glad you've got it working though!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cingkrab

I tried the factory reset (in TWRP, since my phone is rooted), but no luck.  Really thankful for Titanium Backup haha.

The airplane mode toggle does work though.  I don't know why it does that, since I had no issues on Fido.  So I'm guessing the problem lies elsewhere than PM.  

srlawren

@cingkrab I hate to say this, but some LG models need a factory reset to get data working after changing carriers.  I know ghe G3 is one of them, but it's possible the G2 is also?  The D801 does appear to have the right bands so it *should* work, but I'm thinking it may be affected by that issue.  😞

EDIT:  here's an example thread where the factory reset fixes it on a G4:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/New-customer-Port-completed-Data-not-w...

I'm thinking this is probably required for you as well.  @imm1304 do you agree?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cingkrab

LG G2 D801 Wind (which is actually a D803, more or less).

srlawren

@cingkrab what's your brand and model (as specific as possible--many phones have several sub-models) of phone?

Kaotik

I had the same issue when i joined today but after entering the apn and enabling data it worked fine. On my old android phone i had to turn airplane mode on and off to get proper data connection , may be try that

cingkrab

Contacted @Mary_M, still awaiting reply.  As stated above, manually entering APN/resetting APN did not work.  If my sim is defective there is nothing I can do, but I can make outgoing calls, so it is still connected to the Public Mobile network, it is just not letting me connect to data for some reason.

cingkrab

I've tried deleting the old APN, reentering the APN, then resetting the APN to default.  No luck.

The *#*#4636#*#* menu shows that data services are "connecting", but it never actually connects, if that helps for anyone.

I hope this isn't the case @cingkrab but maybe your SIM card is defective? I'm thinking no, only because you were already able to connect. You'll probably need the help of one of the moderators. I see that @Mary_M is online.

I wonder also, if you may need to manually enter your APN settings. If you search the Community, users have already posted this information for Android phones. I use iOS so I'll be no help to you in that regard.

cingkrab

@nishufan OK I tried that on my Android, no dice.  I also tried "reset to default" in the APN screen since the original settings worked, still can't connect.  Very strange... and I'm totally out of ideas at this point.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cingkrab

I'm using iPhone SE. Here is what I did.

Go to Settings → General → Reset → Reset Network Settings

cingkrab
@nishufan can you let me know what you did?

As mentioned in my original post, I've already deleted the original APN and readded it (as well as double checking the settings). I've also rebooted and power cycled my phone several times, but no luck. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As well as what was said previously, sometimes toggling airplane mode off and on helps the phone reconnect to the data network.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

try to delete old setting and add new setting again. and always try to turn off the phone and turn on again .each phone type setting is different than others 

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @cingkrab

I have a similar issue as you before. I reset the network setting, and it works properly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.